“Best Holiday Inn in San Antonio”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #136 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Holiday Inn in San Antonio”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This Holiday Inn is brand new (built in 2012) and it shows. The hotel is extremely comfortable and looks very fresh. The rooms are very spacious and the bedding is fantastic. The customer service is extremely attentive and I have encountered zero negative issues. The location is also excellent, being next door to Fiesta Texas and La Cantera, as well as being within walking distance of UTSA and a short drive down I-10 to downtown.

Their gym is wonderful. Being a new hotel, all the machines are brand new. That is quite the upgrade from typical hotel offerings of old and sometimes dilapidated or out of date machines. Four aerobic machines, a flat screen TV on the wall, along with a complement of free weights and a medicine ball round out the offerings.

As a Platinum Elite member, I received recognition at check-in along with a breakfast voucher and a complimentary suite upgrade. This place is a bargain that cannot be beat. If you are planning on staying in San Antonio, whether for business or pleasure, do not do yourself a disservice and stay anywhere else!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This Holiday Inn is close to Fiesta Texas. My husband and I stay here every time we travel to San Antonio. The rates cannot be beat, and it's only a 10 minutes drive to downtown Riverwalk. New, clean and great rates!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Midland, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Probably the nicest holday inn I've stayed at. Definitely exceeded my expectations based on Brand name. Stayed there while driving through town, staff was very nice. Rooms were larger than I expected. Liked it so much, I stayed there on the way back through.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
buckypeekn
Reviewed August 29, 2013

1 night business stay. Pros - The rooms are very modern and functional! I love that they had two different types of tables on wheels... it made it easy to eat and work while in the hotel. There is a bar and restaurant downstairs that looked nice, but did not have the pleasure of eating there. The workout room was ample for cardio and had a nice view of the pool. Cons - it is in the Sam's club parking lot, which is a little weird (but you cannot access it from the Sam's club parking lot). The WIFI was awful! I could barely get a signal, and when I did, it dropped out entirely.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice new clean hotel but when we checked in & went to our room the lock was broken so I had to carry all our bags back down to get a different room. Was looking forward to sleeping in didn't happen due to a fire alarm going off! (We found out later it was burnt toast, why it took 5-10mins to turn it off I don't know!) Then to add to the torture, housekeeping came into my room while I was dressing (abt 8:30 am) the pool was decent size & clean. The beds were comfy, water pressure was good & if not for the fire drill & housekeeping waking us it was a nice hotel. Hot tub was working. Matamoras is a Mexican restaurant next to the hotel very yummy try it if you stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank willncristy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear willncristy,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding housekeeping and the fire alarm during your stay. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I loved this hotel, the staff and location was awesome. I was scared from the reviews but I found my hotel beautiful and brand new. The hotel is a year old. The water pressure was perfect and the beds were wonderful. I didn't have breakfast but everything is close by and I mean everything from Sam's club to Target. My room was super duper clean no smell. They had Laundry room and soap for the washer. The sodas have a good price what is the normal prices for a hotel. They have fridge and microwave. Did I say it was so beautiful and clean. The pool was small but very clean and cute with a hot tub. The bathroom was spacious and very clean. I got it for a super price and I love it ! maybe they worked out all the kinks from before since it is a new hotel. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I got the elevator so my kids would not bother others.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cottage Grove, Wi
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here from July 5-7, 2013 in a standard two queen bed room. We are Priority Club platinum members and used points for our stay.

The Good: Beautiful new hotel; large, open lobby; modern design; clean rooms; convenient shuttle service

The Bad: low water pressure in shower; small outdoor pool (made even smaller due to crowded 4th of July holiday weekend); very young, immature staff may cause this establishment to be run down way before its time (one young worker we encountered talked about how much he liked to drink and party outside of work, another female worker talked to her co-worker on the elevator I was on about how terrible her period was this month and the awful cramps she was experiencing)

The Ugly: Poor communication between front desk and restaurant staff- front desk informed customers that restaurant was open from 7:00-11:00 am. Restaurant manager turned many people away both days we were there. We got to the restaurant the first morning at 10:30 am and were told they closed up early due to being slow. This made no sense as many people were still coming in trying to get breakfast. The second morning, we were there at 10:00 am and again were told they decided to close early. When I pressed the manager for more information, he stated that some of the outlets weren't working in the kitchen. I let him know we were platinum members and had a free breakfast coupon and the manager agreed to let us order. Again, many other people were turned away without any explanation given them. I suggested to our waitress that they let people know what was going on up front with the kitchen. She indicated it was more than just a few outlets not working, that the cook decided to walk out, and that they were feuding with the front desk staff for telling customers that breakfast went until 11:00 am when the restaurant said there hours were only until 10:00 am.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank desertf8
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear desertf8,