“Wonderful and peaceful”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #136 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I loved this hotel, the staff and location was awesome. I was scared from the reviews but I found my hotel beautiful and brand new. The hotel is a year old. The water pressure was perfect and the beds were wonderful. I didn't have breakfast but everything is close by and I mean everything from Sam's club to Target. My room was super duper clean no smell. They had Laundry room and soap for the washer. The sodas have a good price what is the normal prices for a hotel. They have fridge and microwave. Did I say it was so beautiful and clean. The pool was small but very clean and cute with a hot tub. The bathroom was spacious and very clean. I got it for a super price and I love it ! maybe they worked out all the kinks from before since it is a new hotel. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I got the elevator so my kids would not bother others.
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here from July 5-7, 2013 in a standard two queen bed room. We are Priority Club platinum members and used points for our stay.

The Good: Beautiful new hotel; large, open lobby; modern design; clean rooms; convenient shuttle service

The Bad: low water pressure in shower; small outdoor pool (made even smaller due to crowded 4th of July holiday weekend); very young, immature staff may cause this establishment to be run down way before its time (one young worker we encountered talked about how much he liked to drink and party outside of work, another female worker talked to her co-worker on the elevator I was on about how terrible her period was this month and the awful cramps she was experiencing)

The Ugly: Poor communication between front desk and restaurant staff- front desk informed customers that restaurant was open from 7:00-11:00 am. Restaurant manager turned many people away both days we were there. We got to the restaurant the first morning at 10:30 am and were told they closed up early due to being slow. This made no sense as many people were still coming in trying to get breakfast. The second morning, we were there at 10:00 am and again were told they decided to close early. When I pressed the manager for more information, he stated that some of the outlets weren't working in the kitchen. I let him know we were platinum members and had a free breakfast coupon and the manager agreed to let us order. Again, many other people were turned away without any explanation given them. I suggested to our waitress that they let people know what was going on up front with the kitchen. She indicated it was more than just a few outlets not working, that the cook decided to walk out, and that they were feuding with the front desk staff for telling customers that breakfast went until 11:00 am when the restaurant said there hours were only until 10:00 am.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank desertf8
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear desertf8,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am finishing up a stay at this hotel. I always try to stay at the Holiday Inn chain as I have good experiences. I must must start off saying that this hotel is new and very clean. However, the front desk staff leaves something to be desired. When I checked in, the young girl at the front wasn't super friendly and appeared to be a new employee. Maybe she is just learning so I let it slide. However, for the rest of the stay, there were a couple of younger guys working the front desk and had no customer service skills whatsoever. You pass by the desk and they either just look at you or don't acknowledge your presence. So....3 start based on a new hotel but the poor staff prevented it from getting 5.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anthony A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Anthony A,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered over the unfriendliness of the staff. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as your comments are being shared with the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Karen G.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is rated as a 3 star hotel and I must say it doesn't come close. For a newer hotel it will be run down quickly by the poor cleaning staff. We entered our room to a stench that turned our stomach. We found found bags of takeout in the refrigerator to be the culprit. Trying to call the front desk, we did initially did not get an answer. We finally got a response, that this was the last room available in the hotel with two beds. The reason there were no rooms, was because they were short staffed and not all of the rooms were cleaned from the night before. I'm assuming this room had not been touched in days or they would have found the food in the refrigerator. In lieu of the smell we roasted a cereal bar in the microwave and stuck them on top of the air conditioner to overwhelm the smell.

When our room was finally cleaned late afternoon the 2nd day, they left only one towel. After we called we were delivered 3 towels about an hour later. Don't understand that logic, but assume it's just laziness or once again not staffed enough to clean the towels in a timely manner.

Beware of this nice looking hotel in a great location. Reset your expectations on this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Adams_Dallas,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are very sorry you were not happy with your recent stay at our hotel and offer my sincere apologies for the poor housekeeping service and conditions you experienced, which are certainly not up to our usual standards. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was very disappointed with my stay and feel it was overpriced for what you receive. The suites were clean, however it felt crowded and small. There was no coffee/tea area in the lobby area. Breakfast was not included, which given the price I felt it should have been. We did eat in the restaurant during the evening and the service was HORRIBLE, with the wait staff focused more on socializing with each other, than waiting on the customer. Not surprising given gratuity was automatically applied (no matter how small the party - we were 4), so wait staff had no reason to to be concern with the service they provided. The food was OK.

2  Thank floridavolunteer_11
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear floridavolunteer_11,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. Please accept my apology that our service fell below your expectations on this visit most particularly with the condition of the room you were given and restaurant experience being sub par. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Again, thanks for your feedback. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed one night and our room was very nice, modern and spacious! Comfortable beds! Loved the decor. This hotel is close to UTSA and La Cantera shopping mall. Would have given it a five star if the staff at the front desk had been friendlier. The person who checked me in did not even greet me with a hello.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is new. Got upgraded to a suite which was very spacious. Separate bedroom from living area. 2 TVs. Close by to UTSA, Sams club, Walmart and lots of restaurants.
Does not have comp breakfast but it is worth the stay as there are many other places to eat.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family