“Great...if you are not a frequent traveler”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #141 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 18, 2012

First off I rarely do this....but there are a couple of people there that should be recognized. The Food was GREAT. ANN and DREW were awesome. DREW is the COOK...makes a great breakfast, ANN is the Waitress always gets it right and VERY FAST...I am always running late and they took really good care of me. If you are a frequent traveler you know that if you are a Platinum member you usually get free breakfast at HOLIDAY INN....DONT PLAN ON IT HERE. I am on the road 240 days a year. So far this year over 90 nights in IHC hotels. THis was the FIRST holiday inn that did not give me breakfast for free. I got two drink cards and I dont Drink and 1 breakfast. the rest I had to pay for. The Weight room is not bad...but if you need to work your legs...forget it. and the TV is set up on one end of the weight room...hard to see. Also there IS NO INTERNET available in the wieght room. So dont bother expecting an e-mail or listening to Pandora during your work out. The Internet was reasonably fast...BUT you had to login every 2 hours.
The pool was full of leaves and dead bugs...the pool guy showed up the day I left...15 days into my stay.
DALTON was great behind the counter. I wish I could remember the other guys name that was very helpful. young shorter guy...Really nice even tried to get me a free couple of days at the GOLDs gym across the highway...didnt work out but nice of him to try.
The Rooms are OK. Brand new hotel and Holiday INN still can't figure out what frequent travelers need. Two room suite, LCD TVs, nice bath, kitchen area. MICro and Fridge. THe room was ok, just the way it was set up. Not very well thought out. Typical Holiday INN.
They have a nice bar...never went in, but many people were there.
Parking is ok...if they fill up it could get ugly.
They are right next door to a Walmart... handy if you want to get food. or need anything in the middle of the night.
I gave them a good rating...Over all a really nice hotel...they just need to step up the Customer service for their frequent travelers a bit and clean up the pool area. a Weight maching would be nice...of course this is also a rareity at most HOliday Inns.

Room Tip: If you smoke the rooms to the west side are the best to get outside. the East side card reader was b...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Having had stayed in this hotel for 12 days and got to know pretty much all the staff that work there by the time I checked out, I cannot highly recommend this place enough. The hospitality shown by all the staff (Art, Dalton, Jonathan, Brian, Mark, all of them) was simply the best I had. I have stayed in five star hotels in Dubai and not had this sort of hospitality and service shown to me.

The hotel is only 10-12 minutes away from Downtown/Riverwalk and most tourist attractions, its ideal to have or rent a car in San Antonio, however the location as much as it is central, its a bit hard to find, seeing as its a new hotel. (I'm sure someone from the area would disagree with me). Its only a few steps/minutes away from UTSA.

In anycase, I will be back for certain. Keep up the good work guys. - Amir

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Amir445
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have spent 5 nights here. The first part was for rest and relaxation and the last part was business. We have had a great experience here from the very large king suite, to the clean pool and hot tub, to the fine dining, to the handy laundry room. It is all very clean. The staff was friendly. Only mistake they made was putting us in a room that was marked for repair on bedroom TV. When we reported it they offered us a different room, but we had already unpacked. So they gave us a discount on the room. It was way beyond our expectations. Can't say enough about Art, our server, and the chef, Mark. The food was excellent! The Chicken Pesto Penni and the steak were yummy. Even room service was excellent! We have never been to a hotel like this. It was wonderful to be able to have such delicious food without going out to a restaurant. We have been to many hotels over the past twenty something years because my husband is a salesman. This was at the top of the list! Thankyou! We will definitely recommend this holiday inn to our friends. Ray and Becky, Lubbock, Texas

Room Tip: We were on east end. Had a great room except one morning the dump truck woke us up. I would choose...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RAY D
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Pros: Free WiFi
Near Six Flags and La Canterra Mall
Very New and clean
Suites are really 2 rooms with 2 TVs

Cons: Tiny pool
WiFi was weak in our room
Breakfast not included, but there is a nice Einstein Bros. Bagels just south of it passed the Walmart
Hard to find, look for the Sam's Club and this Holiday Inn is on the north side of it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This Hotel was the nicest I have ever visited! The G.M. was absolutely a positive addition to this business. I got to experience the staff first hand as well and they were very friendly and made us feel like we were at home. The Hotel was sooo clean, honestly one of the cleanest Hotel's I've ever visited. I gaurantee our services and those of our friends, this particular Hotel...highly recommended!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Super clean with awesome, attentive staff. Shuttle service was not a regular amenity yet, but they went out of their way to get me to and from my conference. Room was spacious and the San Antonio-themed artwork was very nice. The location is very convenient to Fiesta Texas and La Cantera, and there are numerous restaurants in the vicinity if you choose to dine out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Hotel new super clean rooms are a little small but well equipped.The bed was a little hard for me.Staff is friendly & efficient.During my stay I only saw 1 other person hmm.Easy access to shops,eating places.Hotel also has a restaurant in hotel but I never saw any one there.Kinda creepy as I felt we were the only ones staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family