“excellent!”
Review of Kohinoor Restaurant - CLOSED

Kohinoor Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Recommended by my hotel's Pakastani owner, this place did not disappoint. I had the butter chicken which was one of the least peppery dishes. Still plenty spicy for me. Full of flavor, great creamy tomato sauce. Order of naan was huge and tasty.

Come early, not hungry, and be prepared to wait. They cook as ordered and it takes time. In a small suburban strip just off 450.

1  Thank Ann L
There are newer reviews for Kohinoor Restaurant

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I'm here in SA on a business trip. I was headed to the hotel for the evening, thinking about supper, when I saw the Kohinoor sign. Humm... Pakistani and Indian Food, well I got over my fear of the unknown and stopped in. I didn't really know what to order so I let the waiter suggest something. I was very pleasantly surprised. He brought me grilled fish and potatoes and a curry sauce with Indian flat bread. This stuff was sooooo good! The bread alone is enough to go back for, it's delicious. You need to check this place out. It's off the hook!

1  Thank wheelbme
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We always try to get a curry in America and we are generally disappointed! We were only in San Antonio for a couple of nights, but we were flying from Vegas and knew we would be arriving fairly late in the evening. We had done a search on Google Earth and were aware of the location of the restaurant and it's close proximity to the suites we were staying in so we made our choice. I am glad we did! The chicken biryani was different to ones I had eaten in the UK, but it was scrumptious. The chicken was on the bone, but I don't mind that, and the flavours went right through the meat and it was superb. The young lady who served me explained that there was no curry sauce to accompany the biryani and that this was prepared in a traditional way so I was prepared for the fact that it was going to be different, but I couldn't prepare for the exceptional flavour I was about to experience. I am used to being disappointed when I try Indian food in America, but not this time.
PS we flew back to Vegas from San Antonio some six weeks later and on the two nights we were there we had Kohinoor biryanis for supper!!

2  Thank traveller186424
Reviewed November 7, 2012

In simple ..... Rude, Over Priced, and takes them ages to deliver even the most
simplest of ther menu item, and on top of that if you mention politely that I am
waiting for my order for too too long, then they will tell you with a flat face .... we are
like this ....

wow ...... I am not planning to get respected by them like this again, they should learn a bit of customer service ....

2  Thank Kashif K
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had a taste of their chicken biryani. I like it very much. Restaurant ambience isn't great. I had to take a to. It takes a little more time than the expected to get your order ready. Please be patient. Overall, I like the taste of their food. For sure, Will try next time when I am in San Antonio.

3  Thank trip_review123