Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area
Ranked #158 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Coahoma, Texas
“Nice hotel.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here awhile back and had a great time. The rooms were clean and it was a good central location for what we wanted to do. There was a hotel shuttle that took us to the riverwalk area and we spent the day there and then caught the shuttle back. The shuttle driver was actually looking for us because it was the last shuttle back and he found us crossing the street trying to get back to the pick up location. Very nice of him to not leave us behind. It would have been a long walk back at night. Overall the hotel was exactly what we were looking for - clean, convenient and friendly. The pool was great too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how we did. I value each and every comment and look for ways to improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss any matter with me, please feel free to give me a call directly here at the hotel.

Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Finnish first
Schertz, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had the good fortune to select the Holiday In Express & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market, TX because of two things its close proximity to everything In downtown San Antonio.
I have coordinated two family events at this hotel and my daughter coordinated a wedding. The staff and the Restaurant Manager Luis have been as professional and family like as any group I have seen anywhere.
I saw a new employee get an awesome guest focused training from day one. The people at this hotel are passionate about their guests and always greeted everyone( family and friends) with a smile, a kind greeting on every occasion, not sometimes or most times but every time. I hosted my husband's 50th birthday party there and just recently hosted a family reunion there. The staff was more than accommodated each time with all my request. The staff here really take you in and cares for you like family. I hosted a Texas Hoedown with approximately 60 guest. The room were great, the food was delicious...breakfast buffet was great.

Not in that in your face way but in that very rare way of genuine sincerity. They are ready to help at the asking. I will recommend all my family and friends to stay here so that they can experience the friendliness and hospitality

My family and extended family each commented on the kindness of the staff and there helpfulness in seeing the good sights, places to eat and things to do in the city..

Luis, April, Christina, Tonya (front desk clerk hope I got the name right) has created a special place for their guests and employees. You don't see that everyday. I truly appreciate the excellent care and customer service . I guess that is why I continue to find my way back there. GREAT JOB!!

Room Tip: I always enjoy corner rooms on the higher floors
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the fantastic words about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Market Square. It is not often that someone goes into that much detail in a review and let me assure you it is greatly appreciated. It was great to hear all the things you enjoyed about your stay and that you enjoyed the property and the rooms. I cannot wait to share this with the entire staff of the property so they can see what a stellar job they did for your stay. I must say the entire management team here at the property is very proud to hear what you had to say about the staff. Thank you again for taking so much time to give such a thorough review of the property. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in San Antonio.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Love the location, I have no complaints. Everything was great! The staff was very nice. The only thing is that street is weird. That has nothing to do with hotel but it is a bit confusing. The river walk was a bit far to walk from there. The breakfast was very good, The pool was awesome ! I would stay again if I go to San Antonio...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I would like to take the time to Thank you for your comments. I value your input and use any suggestions to improve The Hotel. We strive on a daily basis to meet the needs of each and every guest. Once again, Thank You.

Holiday Inn Express
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Do NOT I repeat do NOT stay here EVER! This hotel is one of the WORST bug infested, dirty, unsafe hotels I've every stayed at in my life! My daughter had a basketball tourney in town and the team picked this roach trap to stay in. When we arrived I was told by the desk clerk that although my wife and I drove separate cars only ONE parking pass is allowed per room and it's their policy to have the other vehicle park on the street behind the hotel. I immediately told this person I didn't like that and felt uncomfortable with it. Desk clerk said that any cars without a pass on the lot will be towed after 10pm, BUT NO ONE WOULD BOTHER MY TRUCK CAUSE THIS PLACE WAS VERY SAFE. Well guess what? at 1 am my truck alarm went off and someone was inside my truck stealing my ipod,gps,and a few other things. This "policy" cost me over $1000 in lost merchandise and when Cindy Albano the general manager called me the following Monday, she informed me that I parked on the street at my own risk and they hotel wasn't giving me one dime in reimbursement of my loss. So my suggestion to ANYONE is to NOT stay here. It's very dirty, and unsafe.

Room Tip: The suites have old furniture, the one elevator is very slow, and food places leave fliers under you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Sean H,

We would like to thank you for your review. We have sent you a private message with additional details regarding your review.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Me & my family stayed there back on the weekend of July 19th. The hotel was very nice & the staff was very helpful and accomidating.

The first night we were there the room above us was being very noisy by running around the room as we were trying to go to sleep. We called the front desk and the night audit gentlemen took care of the problem immediately.

Only real complaint about the hotel was the lack of parking. When we would come back at night after spending all day gone there was never any parking spots and had to either park on the street or in the front in the fire lanes.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel when there are so many to choose from. I appreciate you letting us know about the parking. I will look for ways to improve with the parking situation. If you would like to discuss any issues you experienced, please feel free to give me a call directly here at the hotel. Once again, Thank you.

owings mills
Reviewed July 10, 2013

So we got to the hotel after a long day of sight seeing and weaving in and out of the 25000 Lutheran kids that were in town for a convention only to find out that our room is on the 4th floor and the elevator was BROKEN. We had two young kids and I had recently had surgery on my leg and we were offered NO help with our bags. We got to the room to find a letter (with a lot of grammatical errors on it) that stated that there was also no hot water! Are you kidding me? CRAZY! I still can't get over how you are putting people on the 4th floor and then not calling people in to help with the luggage. We stayed two night.....the elevator was still not fixed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. We encountered a power outage that disabled the elevator and blew out our boiler system at approximately 6:30 pm on July 3rd. This was an unexpected event and wish to apologize for any problems experienced. If you would like to discuss your stay with me please call me directly here at the hotel. Once again, I do apologize.

102 El Paso Street
San Antonio Texas 78204
St. Cloud, MN
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at this property from 6-23-12, to 6-26-12. It states it is within walking distance to the Riverwalk area and I would have to disagree with this, especially in 102 degree temperatures. The only restaurant nearby is a Pizza Hut although there are restaurants that will deliver to this hotel (including Candy's which is worth a call and reasonable). Driving in San Antonio is crazy and by the time you see a restaurant you would like to eat at on the side of the road, you have passed it. Staying near the Riverwalk will give you many more choices and lessen your stress with driving and parking.
When we left, my daughter left her swimsuit in our room 312, hanging in the shower. I realized it the day we left and I called immediately but guess what, they didn't find it? That's funny. It was hanging on the shower rod in plain view. Besides, who wants a swimsuit that has already been worn....gross.
The rooms at this hotel are nice and big. They have a bedroom with two queens with a t.v. and a sliding door to close it off from the rest of the room. They have a sitting area with a large couch and another t.v. in the room which was nice with two teenage girls. The pool is small. The wi-fi connection not great. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RRSchultz
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know how your stay was. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and your comments are very welcome to me. I as the General Manager strive on a daily basis to meet the needs of each and every guest. If you have any questions concerning your stay you can reach me here at the hotel. Once again, Thank You.

102 El Paso Street