“Elevator broken and NO hot water”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area
Ranked #184 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 10, 2013

So we got to the hotel after a long day of sight seeing and weaving in and out of the 25000 Lutheran kids that were in town for a convention only to find out that our room is on the 4th floor and the elevator was BROKEN. We had two young kids and I had recently had surgery on my leg and we were offered NO help with our bags. We got to the room to find a letter (with a lot of grammatical errors on it) that stated that there was also no hot water! Are you kidding me? CRAZY! I still can't get over how you are putting people on the 4th floor and then not calling people in to help with the luggage. We stayed two night.....the elevator was still not fixed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. We encountered a power outage that disabled the elevator and blew out our boiler system at approximately 6:30 pm on July 3rd. This was an unexpected event and wish to apologize for any problems experienced. If you would like to discuss your stay with me please call me directly here at the hotel. Once again, I do apologize.

102 El Paso Street
San Antonio Texas 78204
210-277-1000

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at this property from 6-23-12, to 6-26-12. It states it is within walking distance to the Riverwalk area and I would have to disagree with this, especially in 102 degree temperatures. The only restaurant nearby is a Pizza Hut although there are restaurants that will deliver to this hotel (including Candy's which is worth a call and reasonable). Driving in San Antonio is crazy and by the time you see a restaurant you would like to eat at on the side of the road, you have passed it. Staying near the Riverwalk will give you many more choices and lessen your stress with driving and parking.
When we left, my daughter left her swimsuit in our room 312, hanging in the shower. I realized it the day we left and I called immediately but guess what, they didn't find it? That's funny. It was hanging on the shower rod in plain view. Besides, who wants a swimsuit that has already been worn....gross.
The rooms at this hotel are nice and big. They have a bedroom with two queens with a t.v. and a sliding door to close it off from the rest of the room. They have a sitting area with a large couch and another t.v. in the room which was nice with two teenage girls. The pool is small. The wi-fi connection not great. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RRSchultz

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know how your stay was. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and your comments are very welcome to me. I as the General Manager strive on a daily basis to meet the needs of each and every guest. If you have any questions concerning your stay you can reach me here at the hotel. Once again, Thank You.

102 El Paso Street
San Antonio Texas 78204
210-277-1000

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Driving is a must if you are planning to stay here. The only restaurant within walking distance is a Pizza Hut.

The rooms are big. We had a room with a living room and two queen beds. The room had two flat screen TVs, microwave and fridge.

Some of the rooms are noisy because they are close to the highway and there is a shady bar behind the hotel.

The outdoor pool is between two buildings and we decided not to use it.

The breakfast is minimal and does not offer many healthy options.

• Stayed: March 2013
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review concerning our hotel. I look at each and every review and see how we can improve our service, product and accommodations. If you have any concerns that you would like to speak to me personally about, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Once again, Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express.

102 El Paso
San Antonio, Texas 78204

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is the place to stay during Fiesta or Fan Fair weekend. Friendly staff, nice bar, and so conveniant to all sorts of eateries, shopping, and bars! I would recommend this hotel anytime! Cab rides are cheap and walking distance for some shopping but not all.

Room Tip: First floor for a couple with California king bed (room 141).
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us an "awesome" review. I also wish to Thank you for
choosing our hotel when you have so many others to choose from. If I can be of any assistance,
please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you like to hear the sound of rumbling engines and live bands playing all night than this is your place to stay. I asked to be moved twice and got refused. the staff was not very nice. Overall rating F

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jcock10
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 210-277-1000

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Booked this hotel for a stay during a conference in town. The hotels closer to the convention center were $200+ This hotel was less than $100. Very attentive staff. Nice spacious room. Breakfast was better than some other Express hotels. Not walking distance unless you like a long walk but the cab ride was only $7.00 and most days I drove to the conference. Parking was free.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We Thank you for choosing our hotel and hope that in the future should you come to San Antonio that you choose The Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We chose this place due to the central location and affordable price.
The location is indeed within walking distance to major attractions in the area (the Alamo, Market Square). But there isn't much else there. So for example, we wanted a close by grocery store so we could purchase food for breakfast for the next morning but could only find a deli which was scarcely supplied near by. This was Sunday afternoon so that could be why. The surrounding area seemed desolate and a bit rough though. I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around by myself.
The room was spacious and clean, yes the carpet was cruel on socks but that's something one can easily fix. No free breakfast which was a bit of a suprise. Free parking and free wifi though.
This wasn't a bad place to stay but I imagine there are many better choices in the area and in that price range.

Room Tip: bring supplies/snacks with you, don't expect to purchase them from local shops.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mmatley
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I wish to extend my apologies for any inconvenience you encountered with the Holiday Inn
that you stayed at. However here at the Holiday Inn "Express" we provide a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. As this is a "standard" for all Express hotels. I believe you are referring to the full service Holiday Inn that is a couple of blocks from the hotel. They have a restaurant on property in which case breakfast would need to be purchased. If you would like to discuss staying at our Holiday Inn Express where we provide a Complimentary Hot Breakfast please feel free to give me a call directly here at the hotel.

102 El Paso