Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area
$91
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$249
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $334/night.

$65
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
$139
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$159
Hotel Contessa
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$139
  • Breakfast included
$299
$199
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$179
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
$219
All reviewsmarket squarethe holiday inn expresssecurity cameraswithin walking distancerefrigerator and microwaveking suiteearly checknice sizefree shuttleyogurthot breakfastnice roomhotel staffriver walkbeds were comfortabledowntownaudit
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We enjoyed our stay with our daughters for the weekend. Front desk reception very nice and helpful, comfortable beds and pillows. I loved that they had paper plates, plastic forks and paper toilets. Worked out great since we ordered pizza. The only 2 down sides, carpets needs to be shampooed, my girls wore there socks and they were black. The other thing was the elevator, we stayed on the forth floor and everytime we stopped there we sat for a good 2 minutes (timed it) before doors would open, very slow and creakes..made it a bit spooky.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Cindy A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 210-271-1000

General Manger 1-9-13

Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I wanted yet another weekend away from life. We chose this HI because of the location (Riverwalk) and for the free parking :)

Staff: The staff at this HI have got to be the most friendliest we have seen in a LONG time. Always smiling and chatting with us.

Parking: One of the few downtown hotels that has free parking. What pleased us the most about the parking was that A) we had a decent parking space and B) police actually control the parking. By this I mean that, apparently every night the hotel gives the SAPD a list of all the license plates that registered to be there. Plus they patrol. Very good feeling!

Breakfast: The usual HI continental breakfast. No complaints.

Room: We had a king whirlpool suite. It was located on the 4th floor. We had NO noise come through. It was clean and comfortable. We do highly recommend bringing your own pillows though! It must be hotel pillows because everyone we stay at seems to have way to soft pillows!

All in all: we are VERY pleased and we look forward to staying here again!

Room Tip: Well worth the extra money to get a whirlpool suite. Plus bring your own pillows!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BandH915
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this "awesome" review. We here at Holiday Inn Express strive on a daily basis to meet the needs of each and every guest. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites.

Cindy A

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Sure the breakfast was the same. The lobby looked familar, but the rooms were different. The rooms are done in dark colors....loooked old though not woren. The window leaks like a crazy. Had high winds when I stayed and the window just howled all night. My room was on the front of the hotel and is quite noisy with the window. The room just seemed aged. The bed was comforatble. Not enough light in room.

Room Tip: Ask for room on back side of hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
ttribby, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to communicate why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. Our company aims to consistently deliver a professional service to our customers. We will evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring in the future.

Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Nice, clean, large rooms and generally no complaints about the facilities themselves. Based on previous reviews I asked for a quieter room and ended up getting one of the best nights of sleep of my two-week roadtrip. A slight problem with the wifi connection (try refreshing the page when it says "do not refresh the page" - go figure) was revolved quickly and over the phone.

Overall, a good option if you're looking to save a little money, but it's a bit inconvenient for visiting the main sites. I did walk all the way to the Alamo and back over the course of several hours with several stops along the way (would probably be 20-30 min in one shot), but ended up driving back to the Riverwalk at night and valeting my car at the restaurant ($7). Per the front desk, the streetcar, which I had originally planned on using a lot, was inconvenient because it's only every 20 minutes.

I think if/when I return to San Antonio I'll book a hotel closer to the Riverwalk - the cost would probably end up a wash considering the money you could spend on parking/taxis, plus the added convenience of being right in the middle of it all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

We want to thank you for the kind words you said about our hotel. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive. We'll be sure to share it with the hotel staff. We try hard to provide the best possible service to our customers and their satisfaction is our reward. The more satisfied customers we have, the more our business will thrive. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Enjoyed our stay for business trip. Nicki and George were great. We needed a shuttle to take us to eat and they had it covered. Their facility is small but has everything we needed, free breakfast was delicious with just the right selections. Everything in the room and hotel worked including the work out room. I only have one suggestion and that is some wipes to wipe down the equipment before and after working out. They even have a small pool and hot tub. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 210-271-1002

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.
C. Albano