“Great location near downtown SA”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area
Ranked #171 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Enjoyed our stay for business trip. Nicki and George were great. We needed a shuttle to take us to eat and they had it covered. Their facility is small but has everything we needed, free breakfast was delicious with just the right selections. Everything in the room and hotel worked including the work out room. I only have one suggestion and that is some wipes to wipe down the equipment before and after working out. They even have a small pool and hot tub. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 210-271-1002

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.
C. Albano

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a typical Holiday Inn and was reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly and we had a king suite on the third floor. Parking was free and the hotel was only a mile from the River Walk (we drove over). The bed was comfortable, the A/C worked well, lots of hot water. The bathroom was quite small and the bathroom door would not open completely because it hit the toilet! Everything was clean and the hot breakfast was very good. Unfortunately the pool was being cleaned so was closed. The other problem was that the front desk clerk told us that the parking meters around the River Walk were free on the weekend and we ended up with a $34.00 parking ticket! Staff should not give advice unless they are sure of their facts!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your great feedback. We strive to ensure every guest has a great experience at Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites. I will be sure to speak with the staff in regards to parking in and around downtown. I do apologize for any misunderstanding in regards to this parking situation. C. Albano

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed for three nights in early September late August, the hotel was decent, for the friday and sat night it was fully booked. Breakfast was good on Friday and Sunday , Saturday the front desk staff was workin the kitchen for the breakfast arena and it was bad in terms of no food and not being able to keep up with the number of people in the hotel. The lady who looked after the breakfast on the other two mornings is a tremendous asset to the hotel.
The staff at the front desk was very helpful as well, as the custodian.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express SAN ANTONIO-DTWN MARKET AREA.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience. We noticed you made your accommodations through a third party website and it was reserved as a standard room. When making reservations as a standard room it creates a reservation that will occupy what the hotel has available at the time of check-in. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Also we are sorry if the elevator was not working properly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We loved our stay at camaron st. holiday inn express. The clerks were great! (good work Jennifer and the night time gentleman) our rooms were clean ...housekeepers very good. and food was wonderful. Breakfast really helped start our days off right, and they were so helpful with directions to the places we were going! I would go back in a heart beat!! (wish we were!)

Room Tip: ask them !
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we did during your stay! We hope to see you again in your future travels!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We almost exclusively stay at HIX or HI because of their consistent excellent quality. This hotel was a disappointment, especially for the price of around $137( before fees/taxes). Oh, and I can't believe you had to pay for internet service on top of it. Carpet was dirty and the room was dingy. Bathroom smelled of mold and urine (a little bleach water can go a long way folks!). The hotel feels very old and dated with a lack of upkeep. I was not comfortable there and won't stay there again. There are a lot of other hotels in San Antonio!
On the upside, the staff was friendly and I didn't see any bedbugs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before and had no problems but this time was very different. We checked in and went to our room and were booked in a double size bed room after making a reservation for a king size suite. The room was not too clean and there was hair on the bed. Gross. After I went to ask to change room the attendant told me that they were completely booked and could not do anything about it. Not a good way to keep customers or make them want to come back. I had no towels in my room and the phone did not work so I had to keep going down to the front desk to ask for things that should have been in the room to begin with. I am really glad that I only booked for one night. I guess I will have to dish out the extra money to rent a higher class hotel next time. We learn from our mistakes.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Drgnfli25,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered due to the room allocation, cleanliness of the room and amenities. I am also sorry if we were not able to honor your request due to circumstances. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve the quality and service that we offer to all of our guests.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I would like to publicly share a wonderful experience with a Front Desk Receptionist at this location. Wanting to use my Priority Club points and having loved this downtown location, I selected it for my stay. Priority Club representative continued to tell me there were no rooms available for me to take advantage of my points. Amy clearly and as friendly as possible assured me they would accommodate my specific needs and for the Priority Club Rep to call her directly. It took a wait, but Amy came through for me just as she has assured me. +++ Over and above customer service. Thank you Amy…Hats Off Holiday Inn…

Room Tip: Rooms to the front are quieter. $5.00 cab rides w/Yellow/Green Taxi Service anywhere downtown, 201...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business