“Kim Johnson”

Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #18 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“Kim Johnson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 9th anniversary at the Eilan. The entrance WAS difficult to locate. However, once inside we were very impressed. The hotel entrance had a beautiful floral arrangement which was breathtaking. Marcella, promptly checked us in and very kindly gave us a slight room upgrade when she learned of our anniversary. I had hoped for a balcony, but no such luck. We stayed in room 632 which had a view of the pool area. We didn't have a fridge nor is there an ice machine in sight, but when asked the staff did bring up an ice bucket. The staff was nice. Our room was peaceful, quiet, and beautifully decorated. Our bed was very comfy. I loved the shower. The lighting in the room and bathroom area were difficult to understand. I had trouble when trying to turn on lights in only the bathroom. There was one point when I accidentally turned on the lights in the vanity area outside of the bathroom which was an unwelcome blinding in the comforting darkness. I loved the hot tub and the fitness area was truly state of the art. Overall we had a fantastic stay and would love to return again. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
EilanHotel, Front Office Manager at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Eilan Resort and Spa for your trip. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for the positive feedback I will ensure it gets passed on to the team! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Driving up to this hotel, was like driving to a sequestered palace. The entrance is very grand and well manicured, with hotel staff awaiting your arrival, ready to assist with all requests. I immediately checked in and was sent to my room that could even make Prince William do a double-take. My room was neat, a plethora of toiletries(very important) a scent that was extremely refreshing, as if I had already visited the spa. This hotel is fairly new but the maintenance has been well-kept. A couple of nights I've had late night requests to fulfill my potato fix. I called down to the front desk and was able to get a plate of potatoes 3 nights in a row from a lovely, helpful and friendly hotel staff Mia Checo. Mia delivered my orders each night with a smile and quality service. I can't say enough about how incredible this hotel is and how great the staff here are. If you're ever in the San Antonio area, please do yourself a favor a treat yourself to a night at the Eilan Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Eilan Resort and Spa for your trip. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for the positive feedback I will ensure it gets passed on to miaso she may be recognized and the rest of the team! We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I took a last minute road trip to San Antonio and stayed at this hotel. It is a beautiful and very tasteful hotel/property. Staff was pleasant and attentive. Very relaxing atmosphere with convenient restaurants, even a Starbucks. The rooms are equipped with Keurig coffee makers, cooler, comfortable bedding and furniture. A game room is off the back patio, where we enjoyed playing a few games of pool. The gym is state of the art, to include a lap pool. The swimming pools and swim area are magnificent as well. We even had spa massages, which is a first, and no complaints there. We will definitely be returning to the Elian. By the way, this is the first review I have ever posted on social media, which means it was worth taking the time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
EilanHotel, Front Office Manager at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Eilan Resort and Spa for your trip. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for the positive feedback I will ensure it gets passed on to Salma so she may be recognized and the rest of the team! We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Universal City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was very impressed with this property when I went earlier in the month to celebrate my anniversary. The room was spacious and clean, our room had a balcony and it had a very peaceful view overlooking nature. It was a little difficult to find but Selma was very helpful with directions over the phone and once she found out were celebrating our anniversary she sent delicious chocolate covered strawberries complementary for us. We tried Sustenio in the evening and the service was phenomenal, great wine recommendations and good dessert. Our stay was short but sweet and we will definitely go back for a getaway and family vacation.

Room Tip: Request a balcony.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Greta property location. The pool was amazing and my son had lots of fun. We had brunch at the Sustenio Restaurant and my experience was one of the worst I have ever experienced. It started off with all the buffet food being cold. The divices heating the food where out and no one had noticed it. They replaced all the food with fresh one which was still cold. What bothered me the most was that the sausage and bacon where left behind and not replaced by new items. They let the sausage and bacon get hot in the shafing dishes, if anybody is familiar with food handling procedures you know that any food that falls to room temperature has to be thrown away. The server suggested she would bring me a pair of fresh egg benedict from the kitchen to my suprise and disappointment the egg benedict were also cold and the egg white part of the egg raw. By now I was so fustrated and just wanted to leave. Also the omelet station items where at room temperature and not on ice, which I was really concern because I did not know how long the eggs and omelet ingredients had been sitting out for. Last but not least management at the restaurant was not apologetic and did not make me feel valued as a guest in the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We recently celebrated our 10th anniversary at this hotel and we had a fabulous time. The staff was accommodating and also give us free upgrade with champagne and fruits. The hotel grounds are gorgeous and well cared for. The onsite restaurant had great sunday brunch as well as dinner menu. Definitely recommend this hotel for special occasions or just a short get away.

Room Tip: Corner room facing the courtyard with city view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Eilan Resort and Spa for your trip. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for the positive feedback I will ensure it gets passed on to the rest of the team! We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Henryville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Several years ago, we booked a suite and a limo for our oldest daughters wedding at this establishment. Everything was spectacular and this year, when our youngest daughter married we tried the same thing...DISASTER STUCK. The hotel is now managed by Marriott and the customer service, room service and rooms themselves have gone seriously downhill. The limo we ordered for the wedding never showed, when we called the front desk they told us "dont know where it is, they arent answering" ...while they did offer to send a "suburban" to pick up the bride & groom ... it didn't show up either and they couple had to cram into the back of a guests car to be taken to their hotel. At checkout they charged the Groom for the bill instead of the card on file even though the Bride & Groom confirmed the correct card to be charged prior to departure. Ceiling tiles in bathroom were falling in, room service took forever and was dreadful food. A day or two later we sent a letter to the GM to request resolution and five days later no response. A call was then made to same GM who claimed not to no anything about this, when informed his apology was minimal at best and more along the lines of, "well we are very busy, cannot guarantee any outside services (limo). He asked for a copy of our bill and creditcard approval form ....which of course they already had but he was "TO BUSY" to look it up. The next day they charged MY card for the full amount and allegedly issued a credit to my son in law, but it has yet to show up. Given all this you would have expected at least a comped one night stay but there was nothing, not even a drink coupon . The term customer service does not exist in the overall culture of this hotel, from the top down.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, try Westin La Cantera or JW Marriot but not Eilan.
1 Thank Pamela B