“Beautiful hotel but a little pricey...”

Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #17 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Good:
The hotel is gorgeous. We stayed in a Standard King hotel for 2 nights. We arrived @ 3:20 on Fri 3/15 (check in is 3 pm) and was told room was not ready and it would be another 30 minutes. I explained we had been up since 5:30 that morning and had spent hours on the road and then several hours in a Dr's visit, ie, exhausted. So he did find us a room without a wait. I believe others checking in were also having to wait. Spring break crowds.

The room was very nice. The bed was very comfortable, the room was a bit on the small side but very luxurious. The bathroom was very nice, large shower and double sinks. The bath products were nice.

Pool was the highlight. Very nice pool area. Although the wait for drinks was quite long. They needed more staff for the spring break crowd. Mojitos were very good!

Staff was very good at the restaurant. We went Fri night to the bar and had appetizers and a couple of cocktails.

Issues:
Our room was directly accross the service room and housekeeping would go in and out and the door would slam shut every time! very annoying. We were ready for a little quite time after a long day.
The view was just ok. I thought being in the hill country we would have a nice view, but our view was over the retail complex.

Housekeeping did not leave any replacement products after they cleaned the room. I had to ask for more. They also left the two used wet wash cloths we left in the shower. You would expect a higher level of service at this level of hotel.

The indoor pool was closed for repair and the workout room was disappointing.

Also, there is a $25 resort fee and a $ 25 valet parking fee, so it does add up to the final bill.

But all in all a very nice property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellen_Seymore, General Manager at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for choosing Eilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your destination when visiting San Antonio. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the resort pool and our signature restaurant, Sustenio. Our apologies for your housekeeping experience. We are addressing your comments with the staff. We look forward to your return visit and showing off our new 6000 square foot fitness center.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations and made a day trip a memorable experience! My fiance and I decided to take a day off and were looking for hotels online Friday morning. We came across Eilan Hotel. On the website I noticed the romance package and it sounded perfect for our little getaway. It included a couple's massage, chocolate covered strawberries, rose petal turndown and so much more. The romance package was a surprise for my fiance and Gaelle, who was our reservationsist, helped me set up eveything. She was incredible in making sure all our appointments were set and for being very last minute I was impressed how smoothly she took care of everything. At check-in our room was not ready and we waited for 15 minutes but Jacob at the front desk made sure we were taken care of and we did not mind the wait with such a friendly staff. He was very welcoming and very helpful.

Our room was just a standard king but there was nothing standard about the room. It was very lush and everything about it was luxurious and relaxing. We did not want to leave the room, but we had appointments for massages at the spa.

When we got to the Spa we were apprehensive because the welcome area was small but we were welcomed with a large relaxation areas, beautiful balcony views, large steam room and shower and elegant locker rooms. I could have stayed in the rainfall shower for hours!! Our couple massage was amazing in a beautiful VIP room complete with a fireplace our very own private balcony. I definitely recommend a couple's massage if you stay here the treatment you receive is unbelieveable at such a reasonable price.

We also were able to experience a wonderful dining experience at Sustenio!! The dishes were mouth watering platesof art. I love Ceviche and was excited to see you couold have a tasting of the wide array of ceviche they offered!! I look forward to going back and trying more. For dinner we had the Wood Grilled Lamb Rack and Sous Vide Texas Venison Loin. Both entrees were delicious and left our taste buds very very sastified.

At checkout Araceli was very friendly and super helpful by making sure our bill had the correct charges. All in all we were extremely happy guests of this Eilan andlook forward to coming back to this hidden gem in San Antonio, TX. It is conventienly located by La Cantera Shopping Mall and Fiesta Texas but you won't want to leave this property once you arrive!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Eilan Resort and Spa as your romantic getaway. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed the Spa and Sustenio. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Someone obviously spend a lot of money on this place...it is really nice. The rooms were fantastic but I think the staff is not used to having many guests and often seemed caught off guard with regards to service items. It is a good hotel and comes at a competitive price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lowmaintenance89

Thank you for choosing Eilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your getaway destination. We appreciate your comments and hope to greet you as a return guest in the very near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I reserved a King Suite at the Eilan for 3 nights over Spring Break to take the family to the SA sites. Upon first glimpse this hotel exudes opulence...Grand decor, a Stephen Pyles restaurant, resort pool, etc...when we were shown to our room all I noticed was the elegant furnishings stained with ?? filthy carpet, headboard, and couches.. An enormous shower and bathroom...but no shampoo or conditioner...went for a swim in the indoor pool and found NO towels and then spent 15 minutes trying to track down staff. A visit to the well-equiped fitness area with dirty floors and NO WATER was yet another let down.
I then provided feedback to the manager the next morning which left no change (except towels at the pool).
My other beef with this hotel is the layout..very poorly designed rooms and layout of ammenities.
Our bright spot to the Eilan was the Stephen Pyles restaurant...5+ star food with 3 star service.
The hotel is in a great locale, 15 minutes from downtown, 1 minute from Fiesta Texas, 15 minutes from Sea World, and great restaurants and shopping close by.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeremy W
Ellen_Seymore, General Manager at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. This is not indicative of the service provided at the hotel. Your comments are being addressed with the staff. We hope you give us another chance when visiting San Antonio.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

What a beautiful resort - it had a great ambiance to it. Just driving up to it was a great view and sight to see. It's like a little town away from San Antonio. The inside of the hotel is built very nicely and decorated as such to comfort. The outside grounds were very nice and relaxing to walk through and around.

Loved my room - almost didn't want to come out of it because I was hooked on my robe and slippers! My bed was super comfortable and I could have lived in my shower.

The staff was very nice and accommodating as well as very friendly and catering to the smallest of my needs - even when I didn't ask.

The only feedback I have that the work out center was somewhat secluded in a portion of the hotel where one may not feel as comfortable as if it was off of a main lobby so to speak. You have to go through doors that take you to a type of utility hallway and then into the gym. Also, the gym machines where all facing away from the door. What that means is that you can't see who is coming in and may come behind you. Since I work out at 4am every morning, it did unnerve me a bit that I kept looking back just to be sure I was safe because I kept hearing a clicking type of beep that sounded like someone was entering, but never did.

Also, it seemed a bit awkward that you couldn't find general trash cans in the lobby or in the conference rooms. Yet, we were able to make due.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AlexNRP069
Ellen_Seymore, General Manager at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for choosing Eilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your destination while visiting San Antonio. We appreciate you taking the time to express your experience. Our 6000 square foot fitness center will be complete mid April. So we hope you get to try it out on your next trip.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Yes, it seems isolated in the empty "resort village" that's built around it. But I didn't care..that just made it even more quiet and peaceful. Brand new resort, very luxurious. Gorgeous marble bath, plush robes, very comfy bed, beautiful spotless room. I loved my balcony--the view was wonderful. I was traveling on business, but felt like I was on vacation. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Beachiz
Ellen_Seymore, General Manager at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing Eilan Hotel Resort and Spa while conducting business in San Antonio. We are anxious to welcome you back. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

As we pulled into the valet parking (there is a $25 valet fee), we were greeted by the attendants who were very friendly and helpful. Check-in was a similar experience - quick (but not rushed) and friendly. We elected to upgrade to a balcony room and were so glad we did. Our room had the following great features: crisp white linens, comfortable king bed, an ipod docking clock radio, plugs in the lamps (so you don't have to dig around behind the nightstands), Keurig coffee makers with pods (but there is a charge for the bottled water), extremely plush towels, toiletries, a Texas monthly to enjoy, free wi-fi (I think that's a part of the $25 daily resort fee), huge balcony with 4 oh-so-comfortable chairs that overlooked the beautiful pool area, workdesk, flat screen TV with extended cable selections (including HBO), a small refrigerator, a huge shower (with plenty of hot water but minimal pressure), nighly turn down service (yes, they remembered to fill the ice bucket), and even small recycling bins for sorting your trash. We were worried that we would hear noise from the front entrance and pool below us, but we never heard any outside noise.

We enjoyed happy hour at Sustenio. The staff was average -- not as friendly as in the hotel. The food and drink specials were wonderful. We'd go back simply for that! Room service for breakfast was on-time, accurate, and very courteous.

The only drawback to the hotel is that there's really not much to do nearby (but it is a short drive to The Rim and La Cantera). It's great for relaxing, don't get me wrong, but there is little else within the development itself. I believe it's only a year old, and I can see the possiblities, so I'm hoping the area will fill up eventually. Until then, it's great for a quiet and peaceful night away.

As others have mentioned, if we had stayed longer, a sundry/gift shop would be a much needed addition.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Eilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your destination while visiting San Antonio. We appreciate all your comments. We would be delighted to see you again in the near future.