“Pretty Hotel, Not for Kids”

Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #19 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel three times. The first stay we stayed in a suite which was really nice and it was new and clean. The second and third time we stayed in a Spa Suite. It is nice and clean. We did have an issue with our air conditioner which was fixed. The Spa was full for nails when I tried to make an appointment which was a bummer. I did have an unfortunate encounter with a rude staff member at the pool, other than that everyone else was wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank christinarn2000
Joe L, Lead Concierge/Guest Service Supervisor at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for returning to Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa. Here at Eilan, we do offer a number amenities for families such as a Resort Pool with a separate Kiddie Pool with water guns and splash pad, Solar Powered Trolley, Kids Playground, Tennis Courts, HikingTrail, and upon availability Private Transportation within a 3-5 mile radius. We greatly appreciate your comments and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again with us in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed there for the first time on a Saturday in August. The hotel is brand new and sits on beautiful property on the northside of San Antonio. The rooms are very nice, modern, and clean. The service is top-notch, on a level you would expect from a fine resort. Lucas, the Front Desk Manager, took the time to show us our room personally when we mentioned it was our first stay, and later called to make sure we had everything we needed. The valet service for the car was great; each time we called down to tell them we were going to need the car, the car was waiting for us when we walked out the door. We highly recommend the Eilan for a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will most certainly pass on your comments to our staff. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a gorgeous property but shockingly left in the hands of extremely poor management. I booked this 'resort and spa' for my husband's 65th birthday and had a horrible experience. Upon arrival in our room, we found the room was not vacuumed, carpet had dirty stains, dirty toilet and air conditioning not working (in 100 degree weather). It took them a couple hours to get everything straightened out - replace the thermostat unit and fix the airconditioning unit. We asked for another room and that room was even dirtier so we decided to just stay where we were. Later that evening, I called to speak to the manager to let him know about my disappointment and he wanted to make it up and upgrade us. He had me meet him in the upgraded room to ensure it was to my satisfaction and it was much cleaner than the one we were in so I agreed to move. When we moved, they took us to a different room that was nothing like the one I agreed to after having me go see the upgraded room. At 10 at night I felt I had wasted enough time on the room. By the way, when we were getting the thermostat and airconditioning fixed in our room we had the door open and apparently the General Manager was showing off the other suites on our level to someone else but she never did stop to apologize or ask what the problem was! Further when we did get the air fixed, the housekeeping manager barged into our room with knocking. While some of the problems lie with guests who have no respect for nice things, it falls upon management to ensure that rooms are cleaned and vacuumed and when a problem exists to fix it without being forced to. The porter and some of the front desk folks were really very polite. I seriously hope they get this straightened out. We have stayed and dined in some real four and five star places and this place is no where near the four and five stars.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank SH1827

Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. Here at EIian Hotel, we take our guest comments very seriously. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Eilan is a brand new hotel located on the NW side of San Antonio. It looks like an entire Mediterranean village built at the top of a hill, with the hotel as a center point. It is close to many activities and restaurants. The rooms and facilities were clean and luxurious. The pool was wonderful! The only thing that was missing, was that they didn't have any towel racks or hooks in the bathroom. This is minor and an easy fix. Definitely worth every penny!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa M
Joe L, Lead Concierge/Guest Service Supervisor at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've been to many spas in my time and I tried Eilan's Spa today. First off, this spa smells wonderful as soon as you walk in. The wait time is quick and the ladies at the front desk really pay attention to you. Within five minutes, I was checked in and escorted back to the men's locker room and my wife was escorted to her locker room before her manicure. I was given a big fluffy robe and slippers. The slippers were not that comfortable, but for the most part they were fine. This spa is built somewhat of a maze so I really had to ask how to find certain places like the showers or relaxing rooms. However, the spa is very modern and urban with a great relaxing feel. I had a deep tissue massage by Stephanie and she made this massage worth every penny. She also talked me into trying an ashiatsu (spelling?) massage where they walk on you. I plan on trying this on my next business trip in a few weeks. My wife loved her manicure by Laura. Both these ladies really know how to pamper a stressed out couple! Overall, it's a maze to walk in, but the beauty and service will amaze you!

Room Tip: A room facing the terrace and trollies are great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travelguider20120
Joe L, Guest Service Supervisor/Lead Concierge at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience in our Spa and appreciate your valuable feedback. We will most certainly pass on your comments to our Spa Attendants that you mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Upon arrival, the front desk was very informative and helpful. I was delighted to see how clean and bright the room was. Room service was very prompt for breakfast and the food was delicious! The restaurant, Sustenio, had the best shrimp cocktail & ceviche...very fresh. The pool is gorgeous and has cocktail servers: that was a plus...pitchers of mojitos were perfect. Overall, great stay...can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gina L

Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience in our signature restaurant, Sustenio and with our Room Service. We will also pass on your wonderful comments to out Front Desk Team and our Pool Attendants. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I've been to the Eilan twice this summer and have had a terrific experience both times. The pool area is fabulous and the wait staff outside couldn't be better or more attentive. I like the atmosphere and have been happy that it is not busy or crowded (which will probably change once the word is out and it's been around for a while). The restaurant is excellent (the southwestern seafood tamale appetizer was especially good), the rooms are beautifully decorated, and the beds are the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The spa is rather expensive but I was happy with my massage and thought the whole spa experience was well done. The Razul treatment was great and even my husband who is a non-spa guy really enjoyed it. I will continue to recommend it to my friends and will be back (sooner rather than later I hope!).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KHT36x22
Joe L, Guest Service Supervisor/Lead Concierge at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at The Spa at Eilan and our signature restaurant, Sustenio. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the near future.