“Awesome stay!”

Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #14 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Upon arrival, the front desk was very informative and helpful. I was delighted to see how clean and bright the room was. Room service was very prompt for breakfast and the food was delicious! The restaurant, Sustenio, had the best shrimp cocktail & ceviche...very fresh. The pool is gorgeous and has cocktail servers: that was a plus...pitchers of mojitos were perfect. Overall, great stay...can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gina L
Joe L, Guest Service Supervisor/Lead Concierge at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience in our signature restaurant, Sustenio and with our Room Service. We will also pass on your wonderful comments to out Front Desk Team and our Pool Attendants. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I've been to the Eilan twice this summer and have had a terrific experience both times. The pool area is fabulous and the wait staff outside couldn't be better or more attentive. I like the atmosphere and have been happy that it is not busy or crowded (which will probably change once the word is out and it's been around for a while). The restaurant is excellent (the southwestern seafood tamale appetizer was especially good), the rooms are beautifully decorated, and the beds are the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The spa is rather expensive but I was happy with my massage and thought the whole spa experience was well done. The Razul treatment was great and even my husband who is a non-spa guy really enjoyed it. I will continue to recommend it to my friends and will be back (sooner rather than later I hope!).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KHT36x22
Joe L, Guest Service Supervisor/Lead Concierge at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at The Spa at Eilan and our signature restaurant, Sustenio. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the near future.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Nice place BUT serious bugs to work out! Reserved ajoining rooms, got different floors? Ended up across the hall. Housekeeping: no clue about check in/out. Bugged us 2 hrs after checkin and 4 hrs before checkout. Icing on the cake, no adjustment for failing to meet the confirmed reservation.

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank KMFA

Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Adjoining rooms are a special request and we try to do our best to honor all guests requests. We apologize for not fulfilling your request this visit. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Eilan Hotel looks good, its clean has a touch of class however i cant help but stack it up against other 4 or 5 star hotels my wife & i frequent across the U.S. It falls short of the Peninsula in Chicago, The Beverly Hills Montage in Beverly Hills California, The Towers at the Wynn in Las Vegas and others we love to stay at to mention a few.
One of the Best parts of our stay as mentined in other peoples reviews was our pleasant and outgoing Concierge Joe Lopez. Mr. Lopez is was outstanding, very knowledgable, snaps to attention to help his clients, and exudes class.
The staff is great and very attentative. I like the Elan, but i cant help but feel like its short staffed and overwhelmed at times which slows service down. I feel like its missing something.
I don't know how to explain it other than to list things that could be improved and let other readers know. The music in the restruant Sustenio is boring, not up beat or engaging. I feel like the Bar should have been seperated from the rest of the establishment to allow for better music and a fun & engaging bar atmosphere. The same goes for the pool music, maybe a DJ playing music that my wife and i have experienced many times at pools in Vegas or Fine hotels in South Beach Miami would make things better, maybe even pump up bar revenue for the hotel. I do like the fact that if your not staying in the hotel you Will Not or Cant get in the pool area. It keeps people who dont belong out and keeps things on the up & up for Guests.

The Menu at Susteno is great, the food is awesome. Pastry Chef Kieth Cedotal's deserts are amazing! My wife and i ordered a late evening snack from Sustenio and it was relayed to me that Chef Cedotal made our chocolate dipped strawberry's with large standing flakes of milk chocolate to decorate our dish, accented with swirls and designs and they where amazing!
I've had chocolate dipped strawberry's before but none as good as this! Bravo Chef Cedotal, Bravo! Who would have thought simple chocolate dipped strawberry's could be made this well? The desert menu needs more of Chef Cedotal's creations. Oh and maybe some Cheescake, sorry Chef we are cheescake lovers too.

I dont understand who would take thier kids to the Eilan pool, when you could go and stay at the Westin down the street and use the pool with a lazy river, water slides and fun things we have seen. I say this because my wife and i have stayed at the Westin and i have golfed there before, The Westin is good and depending on how much you pay, you can get a nice room but it can become overwhelming at times if your patience runs out with kids fast. I mention the Westin for kids becasue it looks like the kids get bored fast at the Eilan while Mom's or Dad's just want to hang out at an adult pool.

Overall, the Eilan was good but the spa was not quite up to par. The Spa layout is not good at all and just plain wierd. There was no attendant in the mens area and no water or healthy snacks like i've seen at other luxury spas. No nice lounge area to sit and relax or read after your treatments or massages. There is a lounge area but it's very dull seperated by drapes and has a few couches, thats it. The robes are not comfortable and the slippers are junk. Also the speaker system sounded like it was on its last leg and made the soothing music sound like a dying animals last yelps. There was no steam room or hot tub in the spa area.... who planned this place out? Have they not been to a luxury spa? The shower doors are plain see through glass for all passers by with in the mens spa area to view you taking a shower. How about some frosted or decorative glass people? i could only imagine its the same in the womens area. It will most likley not be corrected because it's a million dollar fix and reversing bad planning or engineering is very expensive and costly.

Overall, its a good place and it has potential. Would i stay again? Yeah, i think so but i would not use the Spa again. The resort fee and valet fees are not justified. Maybe the price for return is a bit over & does not even out, but like i said its a good place with a touch of class and luxury.

Bon Voyage!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Global_Traveler0001

Thank you again for choosing Eilan Hotel as your Getaway Destination. We certainly appreciate the positive observations regarding our attentive and friendly staff. However, we would like to apologize for the experience you had in our Spa. Your comments will be shared with our Spa Director. It was a pleasure having you here with us and we look forward to seeing you real soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had to come to town for work. But, in the evenings, it felt like I was on vacation.

My family came with me and relaxed at the pool all day while I worked. The pool is absolutely wonderful. The staff is attentative and walk around bringing guests water. A couple nights we were told about drink specials they were offering.

The property is so beautiful.

The room has so many extra perks. I usually have to pack my own hair dryer, because hotel hair dyers ususally don't work well. This was not an issue at the Eilan. They have top notch hair dyers.

It was also pretty nice have a kurig coffee machine in the room, complete with a variety of coffees and tea.

The two bedroom suite proved to be very kid friendly. It was furnished with bunk beds, a kid sized table and a tv in the kids room.

Everyone was very pleased with our trip.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with kids, splurge and get the two bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Angelique H
Joe L, Guest Service Supervisor/Lead Concierge at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience and appreciate your valuable feedback. We will most certainly pass on your comments to our Pool Staff. We look forward to welcoming you and your family in the near future.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We got bait & switched into our reservation while trying to book at the Westin and our Amex points were already 'spent' so no way to undo the deal so we went ahead and stayed the 2 nights as booked. Not sure what the $25 Resort Fee is supposed to cover as there were no extras given/provided....more like a ruse to get the room rate lower in ads. $25 valet parking fee is kinda high given that you need to go off site to shop & eat (unless you enjoy slow service at the restauarant or pool bar/grille)...hard to not tip the valets as you go in/out as they are very helpful and responsive, but tips added to parking fee just jack up the overall cost. Hotel staff very polite and asked constantly if our room was good, if we needed anything, but don't know at that point what they could to improve the experience. Never got the roll-away bed that was requested. Room keys didn't always work at rooms or pool (& the black exit panic bar on pool gate gets smokin hot during the day....watch your hands). Food Menu at pool is very limited and not kid friendly at all....add the slow service in and not the quality experience expected; kids didn't notice, but wife & I sure did. Didn't like having to call for ice from room service versus having access to an ice machine (explanation that not provided to reduce ice being taken by Fiesta Tx guests & to reduce noise was lame). I wonder what the experience will be like once the housing units get filled and the business suites are leased and there are significantly more guests to deal with.....probably won't be back anytime soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom C

Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. We hope you were able to enjoy all the amenities covered by the resort fee such as guest transportation within a six mile radius, wireless internet, indoor lap pool and whirlpool, outdoor resort pool and whirlpool and local phone calls just to name a few. The staff looks forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The best thing about staying at Eilan was Joe Lopez (concierge). He was more than helpful about suggestions for shopping and dining. The on site restaurant Sustenios was excellent but took too long to get the food out. There were only 3 other tables being served so I'm not sure why the delay. Valet service was always perfect. The valet price is in line with other quality hotels in and around San Antonio, but at all the others I've had to wait for my car even though I called ahead (Marriott Rivercenter, La Mansion, Westin). I will definitely stay here in the future if I can figure out how to change the music selection played at the pool or override the volume controls. The pool area was fantastic except for the eurotrash techno dance crap being blasted over the speakers... really!!! Thought I was in a Slovak disco. OK if you're a brainless 15 year old. The pool attendants were great, but had no answer for the loud awful music. At least play a variety instead of all techno dance drivel. In all seriousness, if you plan to relax around the pool call ahead and ask if they've modified the music playlist. "Here's my number...call me maybe" was played 3 times during my brief pool swim. Excellent shopping and dining with in 2-3 miles. Beats fighting traffic.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Pablo C
Joe L, Guest Service Supervisor/Lead Concierge at Eilan Hotel Resort & Spa at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for choosing Éilan Hotel Resort and Spa as your Getaway Destination. We appreciate your valuable feedback and comments. We are delighted that you had a wonderful experience. Please accept our apology for the loud music, we are addressing that immediately. Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.