“Great location & affordable stay!”

La Villita Inn San Antonio
Ranked #271 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Pros: affordable, location, great check in-out times, covered parking, microwave, fridge, blow dryer, hangers, flat screen...no comp as pictures shows

Cons: limited electric outlets..have to unplug tv to use microwave....ugggh, rooms not sound proof..
Can hear everything from rooms to hallway; no elevator, pool, breakfast, gym, chairs....bathroom light switch located out of room, cramped parking, 4 people provided ...1 shampoo packet, 2 conditioner, 2 bath towels, cramped rooms, old broken furniture

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank budgetfrndly
GMTX35, Guest Relations Manager at La Villita Inn San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Quoted one price then charged another. Asked for non smoking room and called to confirm that I was in a non smoking room, but still given a smoking room.

Also charged a second time for no reason.

I learned this hotel charges by the hour also.

Don't go there. Sleeping in a car or on the side walk would be better than this place.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

I apologize that you are not made aware of the additional charge on your stay. I will discuss this concern to the management so they can assist with this thoroughly. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Do NOT stay here if you value your vacations. The rooms were dirty with cockroaches everywhere. The rooms were cramped and soiled. Had to ask for my money back even though they didn't want to give my refund. After about 1/2 an hour of arguing I did get my money back.

• Stayed: July 2012

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced during your recent stay with us. I want to assure you that we respond promptly to pest alerts with expert extermination services and also treat to deter pests on a regular scheduled basis.I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for these difficulties, and I thank you for bringing
the matter to our attention.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

When i went to the office i was thinking what other think but the room are nice and clean also other review said they are dirty and smell bad but i didnt feel that. It is walking distance to riverwalk alamodome etc. i would recomend if you are looking for buget and downtown

4  Thank Priti78

Our ultimate ambition is to provide a five star experience, and we are thrilled to learn that we have succeeded.It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms.We are glad your stay was comfortable and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I don't know why this place has so many bad reviews but our experience there was great! The man at the check-in desk was super friendly and helpful. Our room was nice, we had a king bed, tv, microwave, and refrigerator. I saw a review online that said they didn't have many channels and that their wifi didn't work but they had over 60 channels and the wifi worked great when I hooked it up to my room. Another review also said that the rooms smelled like smoke which is not true. The main hallway has somewhat of an odor of smoke to it but only because some rooms are smoking and some are not, so that makes sense. The rooms that are for smokers are next to each other and the ones for non smoking are together as well so there should not be a problem with the smell. The room was very clean,so where the sheets. I had to check them because I read reviews saying that they were stained, which again was proven to be wrong. I went there dreading my stay due to all of the negative reviews but it turned out to be great! It was comfortable and everything in downtown San Antonio was in walking distance. I will definitely be staying here next time we visit San Antonio. My advice is ignore all the negative reviews and see for yourself. It's a very good price and a comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Choose a non-smoking one. :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ivy G

Thank you for sharing your honest and constructive review, rating, and evaluation of our hotel.Our ultimate ambition is to provide a five star experience, and we are thrilled to learn that we have succeeded.We are glad your stay was comfortable and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

first of all - i never write reviews (good or bad). i'm making an exception this time. this is the most disgusting "hotel" i've ever seen in my life and i've traveled all over the world and stayed in some nasty places! the lobby, the outside, the hallways and the un-safe room were all disgusting and wreaked of horrible, indescribable smells! the shower curtain had mildew and stains on it and when mentioned to the front desk manager Mr Patel, he said it's made this way. really?! you purchased pre-stained showers curtains? i left this hotel after calling priceline.com to get my $$ back so i could go elsewhere. The RUDE manager, Mr Patel yelled at priceline on the phone and slammed it down yelling to me that he was still billing me for 1 nights stay and parking. wow-great customer service! i would rather stay under a bridge - it would be safer and cleaner!!! oh, in regards to safety. the security bolt on the door looked like someone had broken into that room before and they hadn't replaced the lock yet! RUN!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kmw65

We are very sorry to hear your concerns. We already informed the management regarding on your comments. We expect the staff to cater your concerns so we could provide you the best service you deserve. We hope you will consider us again!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place doesn't seem to get good reviews but it was close enough to walk to the Riverwalk & the Alamodome. Has a fridge & microwave. It can be a bit noisy, will cost you $10 to park in their lot, the fridge wasn't plugged in so we lost almost a complete fajita dinner we were saving, and it's not close to any gas stations, and my fiancee said the room smelled. Sounds like a lot of complaints but I thought it was a decent value with a decent number of amenities.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank texaskdog

It means a lot to us that you've taken the time to share this positive experience at our hotel. We seek to give each guest a very comfortable and accommodating experience and we are thrilled to hear of our success in this ambition. I can't begin to express how much it means to our management and staff to hear from guests like yourself who have found our accommodations and services to be so welcoming and convenient throughout the years. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.