“GREAT VALUE GREAT LOCATION GREAT SERVICE!!!!!!!”

La Villita Inn San Antonio
Ranked #291 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 8, 2012

La Villita Inn is a 10 minute walk from everything downtown; The Alamo, Riverwalk, Hemisfair Park, and about 15 minutes to the El Mercado market. The north side has an excellent view of the Tower Life and other recognizable buildings downtown. Our rate was VERY reasonable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. This is a family owned establishment with the husband and wife doing everything, not corporately owned so kudos to them! If you go in there with a crappy negative attitude what do you expect to get in return; but I guess that is true with everywhere you go isn’t it? The rooms were comfy and the towels were EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!! They offer FREE covered parking, FREE Wi-Fi, maps and information of the area, computer in room, microwave, mini fridge and very friendly service. Our rooms were clean and the bathrooms are very nice. This is not the Hilton or Menger, but if you come to San Antonio to stay in your room all day and enjoy it then do that. If you are looking for a great value and a stay at a hotel that is walking distance from EVERYTHING then this is the hotel for you! This is our second trip to San Antonio this year and we have stayed at the La Villita both times ON PURPOSE. We will be traveling to San Antonio many more times this year and WILL be staying at La Villita.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the north side and get a coupon from a hotel saver guide. You can find them at gas s...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris F

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel is the worst hotel ever. Ever! The manager up front looked like he was doing drugs. It smells bad. This is a 1 star hotel that should cost $15 a night. It is terrible. I never got a refund! I REFUSED to stay there because of how unsafe the area was! STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ahad V
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The hotel was filthy!!! the service was terrible!!! there was only one person doing everything attending the office,the rooms and all. and from the moment you get in he has an attitude. we paid thru priceline the room with 2 beds and when you get there is one bed and the sofa. oh and you have to pay $10 for the parking to! overall it SUCKS!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jaly82pr
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I would not advise anyone to stay at this hole of a hotel because of the conditions and the rude service I was given when I requested help. The owner is without a doubt the rudest, uncooperative person I have ever dealt with. He seemed to have no interest in keeping me as a long time client ( I am a professional who travels frequently to San Antonio ). For the amount of money I spent I would have rather have spent an extra $20 to stay at a five star hotel instead of a two star. That is a lesson I learned the hard way and advise anyone who is interested in this hotel to save your money.

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank Jenn197
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Owner wants top dollar for rooms like every hotel but does not realize most hotels are updated and cleaner. Room had a bed that sank in the middle, 2 small towels a night stand that the top was all pealed, dirty carpets. Also a smell like foreign food. Stayed 1 night and
left for another hotel. Oh, no coffee and a computer from the 70s. Don't
stay there. Tell them u want to see room before u pay, also he raises price more on weekends

• Stayed: April 2011
5  Thank Tejano101
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I read these reviews and I don't understand where they were getting some of these claims. Somebody wrote that she slept with a chair under the door? The neighborhood couldn't have been nicer and quieter!!! I mean you won't have 5 star service becuase it's not that type of hotel, BUT I don't see where the negative comments are coming from. I had a couple of questions about my bill because I am cautious with any bill from ANY hotel and the owner chatted with me for about 15 minutes to explain it all!! It was like the staff was willing to bend over backwards to make my stay pleasant! It is a basic no frill's hotel but they also don't claim to be a top of the line hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank marcgriffin
Reviewed October 5, 2010

This is a very clean small motel in downtown San Antonio . I was very happy with the cleanliness and service of this motel. I stayed with my family for a few days. If I go there again, I will definitely stay there again. There are so many things to do within walking distance, like the Riverwalk, Towers of The Americas, King William park...ETC...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends