“confused”

Ranked #282 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Berlin, Wisconsin
“confused”
Reviewed March 9, 2009

We chose this hotel based on reviews. Our room was adequte for price and location. It was clean and had normal motel amenities. The rest of our family had a horrible, dirty room with no amenities.

The owner is bend over backwards accomodating and will drop you off wehreever you wish to go.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank ednat7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
houston
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I don't know what these reviews were talking about. The room was worst than an hourly motel. If you are used to staying at places that are below standard. This is for you. I booked the room for just one night b/c I decided to go up a day earlier for a conference and my previous reservation could not be changed. I booked it specifically on the reviews here on TripAdvisor. These comments must be from the hotels family or they use fake emails.

The towels were very dingy. We had no bath towels. The shower curtain and rod was on the floor. There was hair in the bath tub. The caulk around the tub must have been from the origional instalation. The pillows were as thin as the comforter.

Spend a little money and stay at a national chain. A Motel 6 compared to this place would be like staying at Trump Plaza.

• Disliked — The Room
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank damons

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2009

We visited San Antonio during Christmas and found Alamo Inn motel from the internet. We had our eldelry parents with us and we were praying that accomodation will be good.

I will say that Alamo inn has exceeded all of our expectations. It is very clean, safe, close to all attractions and very friendly owners. Our parents loved their extra care and friendly shuttle service. Breakfast was simple but very goos with Juice and coffee.

If you are looking for reasanable price, clean and friendly accomodation close to all main attractions, Alamo Inn is an excellent choice.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2008

Clean, clean, clean......so friendly and accommodating. This is the only place to stay in San Antonio. I never even started my vehicle, they shuttled me every place I wanted to go. Phyllis Hampton

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
East Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2008

When I found out that I booked too late to stay at the conference site hotel with my colleagues, I was worried. The Alamo Inn was close to the convention center (about 3 miles and the website said they provided a free shuttle), but it obviously wasn't going to be a "luxurious" type of establishment.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived there. The family-owned and operated Alamo Inn Motel, while not being the fanciest place in town, turned out to be a nice, comfortable, and affordable alternative to the downtown chain hotels in San Antonio. Conveniently located to all of the city's attractions, operated by a courteous staff who saw to it that I was well taken care of, and a fabulous old confederate cemetery that I never knew existed right across the street (http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM3B59) all combined to make my stay one of the best I had ever had in the Alamo city.
The owner/operator, Rick, made good on his offer of a free shuttle to the convention center. He ran his van every hour, but offered that if I needed a ride in between the hours, to just call him and he would make an extra trip, no charge. Everything about the way the establishment was operated spoke favorably of the owner and his family. They were efficient, nice, and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Nice amenities, too, like the free shuttle service, coffee pot, refrigerator, microwave, iron, etc. And, to say the rates were affordable would be an understatement; actually, they were downright cheap compared to many comparable places to stay in the area. All in all, I highly recommend the place to anyone who wants an alternative to high prices and impersonal service. I'll be staying there again in the near future.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — no swimming pool (yet)
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank cloud9tech
Dallas
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Very clean and affordable motel that is conveniently located to both the highway and the riverwalk. The manager was particularly helpful in giving us directions, suggestions on places to eat, and was very friendly.

• Liked — Helpful staff
  • Disliked — Small tv
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Park Forest, IL
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We were very happy with our stay although it was only one night. If we were to revisit the area again, this is where we would stay for sure. The room was very clean, inexpensive and the owner extremely accomodating. The previous night we stayed at a Super 8 a few miles north and west, but would never stay there again. We were originally to stay at the Super 8 for two nights, but it was so bad we moved to the Alamo Inn the next day. They treated my wife and I like we were old friends and made our visit to San Antonio a much more pleasant experience than it was the day before.

• Liked — The Cleanliness and pleasantness of the owner and front office
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple