“EXCELLENT!!!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Franklin, Louisiana
“EXCELLENT!!!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This restaurant was everything we expected from its online reviews. The food was great, the service superb. You will not be disappointed. My family and I definitely recommend it. The beef ribs were so tender and my daughter loved the chicken fried steak.

Visited December 2013

Katy, Texas
“Decent food and a good price”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was an interesting place in that you enter directly (almost) into the open kitchen. The food was just above average, but the prices for the portions were good. This place is going thru some growing pains and was calling in all servers to work. The manager was waiting on customers and the call in guys had to keep checking on specials and playing bus boy. The crowd was huge and the only seating was outside, but they fired the patio heaters up to help.

Overall, it's worth a try.

• Visited December 2013
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place for dinner. Ribs and brisket were excellent. Staff was very courteous and visited with us many times. Prices are very reasonable. We will definitely be back.

Visited November 2013
“Very innovative menu options!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We had late lunch at Two Step on Nov. 1, and enjoyed the ambience as well as the food choices. My husband and I shared two appetizers (concierge at Hyatt's Wild Oak Ranch told us about the restaurant and gave us a free appetizer card), which were both very good. The fried pickles (with crushed Frito coating) were not something we would ordinarily order, but they were delicious. The Texas rolls are a unique, but very tasty, choice. They somewhat resemble egg rolls cut in half, but are something you need to taste to appreciate. A melange of flavors!
I ordered fried catfish, and the preparation was different from any fried catfish I have eaten before. I liked the addition of some spiciness and Parmesan cheese to the coating. The jalapeño hush puppies were bite-sized, not too hot, and went very well with the catfish. There was a choice of sides, and I chose their special beans-- spicy and good. I gave my husband half of the bowl of beans so I could also try his side of potato salad which I liked even better. He liked his pulled pork sandwich, but it was a bit messy to eat. A Wetnap would have been helpful.
We plan to return the next time we are in San Antonio, now that we know about Two Step. The architecture is very Hill Country style, built including two stacked stone historic ranch buildings in the design.

Visited November 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“A nice spin on your usual tex mex restaurant”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

What's not to love... Great patio with live music. Beautiful historic interior. A very enthusiastic waiter. A bunch of us girls had a lovely time there. We all loved our meals . The prime rib was amazing. The three taco plate did not disappoint. The shredded chicken in the tacos was incredibly delicious. The pulled pork taco was divine as well as the brisket. The blackened catfish taco was ok- there wasn't enough in the taco for me to really taste it. The margaritas were decent- El Jefe went down way too smoothly!
At times the waiter forgot about us. I had to ask someone else for water. Another waiter promised he'd bring us some more salsa for the chips but he never did. Usually the the chips and salsa are free in this type of restaurant, but not here.
Overall a good visit- I think I'd go back for the chicken plate.

Visited October 2013