“Awesome!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited two step for the first time this weekend, and it was awesome. The restaurant is excelling on all aspects. The texas rolls appetizer was delicious as well as the margaritas. Both of our dinner entrees were great; you have to try the chicken fried steak. Bread pudding desert was the perfect ending. We sat outside on patio and the atmosphere was perfect. Inside the restaurant was full and a little noisy, but I wouldn't have minded sitting inside either. The service was great, and there was a small grassy area where children could play. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, and we will definitly be back!

There are newer reviews for Two Step Restaurant and Cantina

Reviewed May 19, 2013

History, good food and drinks, service quick and efficient. Priced right. I mostly love the building restoration. Once the host gave us a mini tour with storytelling! They have a large patio and very nice restrooms.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Was looking for some good BBQ and this place didn't disappoint. Prices were fair, service was attentive, and I still don't know how they got the food out as quickly as they did. This is more of a Tex Mex style BBQ place with plenty of other choices on the menu besides just BBQ. Wife went with the half order of pulled pork. Very generous portion, tender, juicy, and the sauce was amazing. I had a half rack of ribs which peeled right of the bone and equally as tender. For starters went with a chips and queso which was standard fare. Also tried the jalapeno cole slaw and the potato salad which were okay, but wasn't as good as I would have liked. You can't go wrong with the meats, though, they were great. Prices were very fair for the amount of food you received. A family of four could easily eat here for a decent price.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had luch at Two Step during our recent visit to San Antonio, based on a review in another publication. The good is the bar is nice and the Margaritas were strong if on the pricy side. We had beef ribs, both the lean and fatty sliced beef, corn on the cob (with mayo and cheese), and mac-n-cheese. All were not good save for the beef ribs. I'm not sure if they were really good or was it good because the beef was pretty bad (non edible). The mac-n-cheese lacked cheese and the corn was not my cup of tea although my gf thought is was ok. It is relatively close to the Hyatt Hill country (6 miles or so) so if your in the area it may be worth a visit to grab a couple margarits and a plate of ribs, but do not go out of your way.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We frequent this place quiet often and love their atmosphere and food. They have a great BBQ sandwich with mustard and a delicious chicken fried steak. The service is always fast and friendly.