“Welcome to Spring Branch!”
Review of Thai Lao Orchid

Thai Lao Orchid
Ranked #1,330 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: East Side
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant just opened a location in Spring Branch, north of San Antonio. We tried it last night and it was amazing!! This will be a new favorite for us and will save us from driving into San Antonio for an excellent meal!! If you are north of the city and looking for a good place to stop try Thai Lao Orchid in Spring Branch!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This very small restaurant is walking distance from the Alamo. Excellent prices and service. Very good food. I had the chicken clay pot and my friend had the chicken curry. Will definitely go there again.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We loved it for dinner and thankfully we have a few more days as we will definitely be returning.

Basic unpretentious interior but we were there for the food and the best Thai in Texas was what we experienced. I'm a lover of Fresh Spring Rolls and these were super! We like heat thus we asked for the fish water with chopped peppers along with the sauce it normally comes with - YUMMM!

The kind of place you want to see thrive so that it'll be there the next time in town. Chicken Satay, Tom Yum soup, Tofu options, Pad Ginger, Pad Thai, Panang, Massaman, Red, Yellow and Green Curries, Pan Seared Red Snapper or Salmon, Seafood Clay Pot, Larb Kai (traditional Thai-Lao dish; minced grilled chicken seasoned with freshly squeezed lime, lemon grass, red onions, cilantro, & scallion), description taken from menu. So many enticing dishes to choose from and I didn't even get to the house specialties.

This is their downtown location. I imagine the sushi is available at another location. This one more than satisfied us!

Do enjoy!

Address is 116 Broadway Street. Steps from attractions. The Alamo Is very close. And don't be turned off by the basic appearance. Everything is clean, veggies very fresh & crunchy, awesome flavours and excellent value. 5 Star!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I ate here twice while on a business trip to SA- for dinner and then for lunch the next day. This is a rather small restaurant but service is quick and the food is good. I had the massaman curry and for dinner asked for it to be prepared extra spicy. The dinner portion was huge and it was very hot! I loved it. The curry was the perfect consistency and had balanced flavors. The next day, I ordered the same curry for lunch but my coworkers with me ordered a variety of items- noodles and pad thai. We all enjoyed our food. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This restaurant is listed on Urbanspoon as being a sushi restaurant, There is none on the menu.

That said, it was a decent enough place. Mostly Thai--I did not scour the menu for Vietnamese (which is another thing that USpoon says they serve). The Panang Curry was okay, I ordered mine medium, which was fine for me, but a companion ordered the same dish and asked for it to be very hot--we compared and they were indistinguishable. The crab roll appetizer was made with fake crab--which is fine but the menu did not say that.

Still, it is a relief to find Asian food in a city dominated by greasy Tex Mex. TLO was located conveniently, off the Riverwalk Disney frenzy. easy to find. I recommend it, just so long as you are looking for middle of the road Thai food....