“Great curry, fast service at lunch and dinner, reasonable prices”
Review of Thai Lao Orchid

Thai Lao Orchid
Ranked #930 of 4,739 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: East Side
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I ate here twice while on a business trip to SA- for dinner and then for lunch the next day. This is a rather small restaurant but service is quick and the food is good. I had the massaman curry and for dinner asked for it to be prepared extra spicy. The dinner portion was huge and it was very hot! I loved it. The curry was the perfect consistency and had balanced flavors. The next day, I ordered the same curry for lunch but my coworkers with me ordered a variety of items- noodles and pad thai. We all enjoyed our food. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This restaurant is listed on Urbanspoon as being a sushi restaurant, There is none on the menu.

That said, it was a decent enough place. Mostly Thai--I did not scour the menu for Vietnamese (which is another thing that USpoon says they serve). The Panang Curry was okay, I ordered mine medium, which was fine for me, but a companion ordered the same dish and asked for it to be very hot--we compared and they were indistinguishable. The crab roll appetizer was made with fake crab--which is fine but the menu did not say that.

Still, it is a relief to find Asian food in a city dominated by greasy Tex Mex. TLO was located conveniently, off the Riverwalk Disney frenzy. easy to find. I recommend it, just so long as you are looking for middle of the road Thai food....

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Tiny, little storefront off the main strip. Wonderful food! Excellent service! I was delighted! This was the best meal we had in San Antonio. Vegetarian and gluten-free friendly. The dishes were beautifully presented, even the vegetables in my stir fry were artistically cut and sculpted. And very, very tasty. I don't think they serve alcohol.

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Delicious and delicate flavors. Perfectly cooked steak and fresh al dente vegetables. Small "Mom & Pop" authentic Thai restaurant. I will return to try Everything on the Menu.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Mmmm Neum. Authentic Thai and Laotian flavors. Unique dish with crispy rice, fresh green onions, nicely minced chicken breast served with fresh crisp lettuce and cilantro. Delicious!