“Pho Hum”

Description: Behind North Star Mall
Austin, Texas
“Pho Hum”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Not bad, pretty good. Spring rolls were fresh and tasty. Bun is served cold, which is okay, but I prefer it hot. We shared the vegetarian (tofu) dish
and the flavors were nice, noodles were cooked well. Tofu was on the mild side. Service was prompt and friendly. Overall an "okay" dining experience, just no "wow" factor. We are new to the area and desperate to find something along the lines of Kim Phung up in Austin. So, while I will keep on looking, it apparently suits the tastes of other reviewers and that's what makes the dining world go round. Give it a shot, it might be to your liking.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank VinGins

San Antonio, Texas
“Fresh and tasty Thai”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is not a chain and they do not go the buffet route, but you know you will get very fresh ingredients at a fair price. The menu is in Thai and English with photos and good descriptions. And it is located right across the street (Rector) from North Star Mall - a good location with lots of free easy parking. Most appetizers are between $3 and $5, with entrees ranging between $7 and $12. My husband and I go frequently and have never been disappointed. And if you decide to order any one of their amazingly fragrant and flavorful pho, get the smaller bowl unless you have the appetite of Godzilla, or want to the take home lots of leftovers. The large is bigger than a quart. The back page of the menu has Chinese dishes, but they really shine with the Thai offerings. I strongly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ann R
“Pho”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I love Pho I might have been abel to give it a better review but I have had GREAT Pho so I spoiled in other post from me you'll see those places(Fl). Anyway, Pho was good though. Very large bowl so order the regular size. Meat was good with clean taste of broth, people can ruin Pho with broth so they had that down. I know in alot of Vietnamese resturants they keep utensils on the table but I'm not a big fan of that. But they were all very clean and smelled like bleach and dawn so I like that... I know OCD. But food was good above average but I dont feel comfortable saying "very good" though. I did like it enough to eat there again.

Visited January 2013
Monterey, California
“Ordered in!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stuck at a hotel for the weekend with nothing to do, I ordered up some food from Pho Thien An and was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty good, not the best but very satisfying. The soup was large and tasty. But the spring rolls were in egg roll wrappers which makes them way larger than they’re supposed to be. Not bad but just interesting. Service was quick and the food was cheap and satisfying!

Visited October 2012
“So much food and so good!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was sequestered at the North Star Mall by LensCrafters who couldn't get my one hour glasses done in an hour, so I walked to Pho Thien An for lunch. Now, I am a newbie to Vietnamese cuisine but I have fallen in love! I got the chicken pho and it was huge and delicious! It was so filling with all the veggies & noodles! I topped off my meal with an avocado boba shake. Wow! The only bad thing I have to say is that the ac wasn't working well & it was a little warm, but the service & food are great and I will go back! They are closed on Wednesday.

• Visited July 2012