“Ordered in!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Behind North Star Mall
Description: Behind North Star Mall
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stuck at a hotel for the weekend with nothing to do, I ordered up some food from Pho Thien An and was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty good, not the best but very satisfying. The soup was large and tasty. But the spring rolls were in egg roll wrappers which makes them way larger than they’re supposed to be. Not bad but just interesting. Service was quick and the food was cheap and satisfying!

There are newer reviews for Pho Thien An

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was sequestered at the North Star Mall by LensCrafters who couldn't get my one hour glasses done in an hour, so I walked to Pho Thien An for lunch. Now, I am a newbie to Vietnamese cuisine but I have fallen in love! I got the chicken pho and it was huge and delicious! It was so filling with all the veggies & noodles! I topped off my meal with an avocado boba shake. Wow! The only bad thing I have to say is that the ac wasn't working well & it was a little warm, but the service & food are great and I will go back! They are closed on Wednesday.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

After traveling to Hanoi a few years back, the need for a great Pho (pronounced: Phaw, if you say: fo, it means "street"...something I quickly learned in Hanoi), the typical Vietnamese breakfast broth, was a necessity. I never thought that living in South Texas I would be able to enjoy anything close to the real deal. However, to my great surprise, not only do we have a few great Asian markets but Pho Thien An has a great selection/variations of this Vietnamese staple.
One minor catch, what you get in value and food quality, you don't in service.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Ok. I've been lucky enough to have been around the world and been eating pho for half my life. I have been to pho all over the west coast from Vancouver to LA/Hollywood and, of course, all over TX. Pho Thien An is the best pho I've had in this city (San Antonio) by a good nautical mile. Its worth a try. I always get a Large 14 or 15 but the special with a little of everything is great. Its quick & the service is great.