“Great Pizza! Friendly Staff! A "Must Visit" Pizza Dive in San Antonio”
Review of Tank's Pizza

Tank's Pizza
Ranked #805 of 4,671 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Pizza
Austin, Texas
“Great Pizza! Friendly Staff! A "Must Visit" Pizza Dive in San Antonio”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I was a bit nervous as I walked in to the restaurant. It was almost empty at the time so I was not sure what to do or how to order. Quickly a waitress noticed my distress and sat me at a table. She helped me through the ordering process and was overall a great server. (Cute too!)

Food: Salad was a bit plain. It was a standard mixed salad but tasted good anyway.
The pizza! This was why I came. It surprised me. You can genuineley taste the pride put into this pizza. They present it as "almost finished" and when you order, they throw it in the oven to finish it off.

My only negative comment is that the sodas are in cans only. Therefore no free refills. But if free refills is the only negative thing I can find then I'd say they are doing pretty good.

• Visited November 2011
5 Thank runge_sean

San Antonio
“I can't believe this place still stays in business”
Reviewed December 14, 2007

As noted by the previous reviewer the place is dead. No customers and only empty tables. Food is not fresh, and the whole vibe of the place is really dreadful. Look for some other place to eat, this joint is not worth your time.

2 Thank Hadleydr
San Antonio
“Must Have Been There On A Bad Night”
Reviewed January 18, 2007

From past reviews in CitySearch, I can't believe we ate at the same restaurant. Our group of 8 showed up around 8pm. The place was d-e-a-d. Just another table of 6 that was leaving. The service was, at best, inept and confused. Getting a glass of wine (horrible by the glass selections) was a chore and I had to get up and tell the waiter twice that two of the eight salads at our table were missing. The house dressing was great. Too bad it was thrown on top of sparce bagged lettuce. Salmon to die for? Not even on the menu. Romantic ambiance? Sure, if you like lighting bright enough to light up a football stadium. Music? Don't expect much other than the radio being turned up when you sit down. I had Eggplant Rolatini, which was OK if you could stand the musty odor from the marinara sauce. The accompanying pasta was old and dried out. After dinner we were still the only ones in the restaurant, but we still had to get up and go to the cashier to get our check. This place is awful. Want really GOOD Italian in San Antonio? try Ciao Lavanderia or Massimo. We definitely won't be back here.

2 Thank SADiner
A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing cuisine”
Reviewed April 15, 2006

This is a hidden jem in the San Antonio area located on North New Brunfels Ave near Fort Sam Houston.
You first notice the amazing atmosphere when you enter the restaurant and the friendly service and attention. The menu has several interesting and delicious Italian and Mexican courses. The Italain specials are amazing and prepared by a world class chef. The owners are friendly and courteous and enjoy talking to new and old customers alike. Its a very cozy atmosphere and the food is just amazing.
A must see while in the San Antonio area.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member