“Great Service and Accomodation”

Super 8 San Antonio/Airport
Ranked #184 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My stay here was very pleasant and relaxing. Front Desk and Housekeeping Staff were very kind and I received anything I needed immediately. The rooms were very clean and was very efficient due to being so close to the airport. Don't waste your time spending $100+ on rooms near the Airport. They also provided a free shuttle to and from the Airport. After looking at the reviews I was shocked to see that this hotel had such bad ratings. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 2, 2012

So much for "saving a few bucks" my husband and I live in Houston and we thought we'd get away for the weekend, do we devoted to visit San Antonio and go to six flags. He bested to book a cheaper hotel so we would have more money to spend on other stuff. He ended up booking online and I had no idea how much he pain until the transaction was made! 172 for two rooms. I was really uneasy about paying so much for a motel but I thought eh what the hek the location might be the reason why it's so high. NOPE! So far from down town and all of San Antonio's main attractions. The rooms were ridiculously small (I've stayed at a super 8 before) even though the room said "none smoker" it reeked of cigarette. Clemlynes...almost not there every thing was so old their tvs alarms...and their staff was far from welcoming. The jerk that was checking us in was rude. I asked of he wanted to see our online booking receipt and he responded "ugh, no it notifies us too you know" so I waited for him to check his compurer, he hands us one key for one room and that's it. I asked her for our second room and he's oblivious to us having a second room. So I pull my phone out and show him our online reciept, and said "I thought it notified you too?" I could tell he was pissed as he slightly grinned and said here you go handing me a second key. Over all horrible rating. Pay the extra bucks for good service clean rooms and good breakfast. He have switched our reservations to the Omni Hotel near 6 flags for tomorrow, let's see how that goes. Hubby didn't do such a great Job reserving this time.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed June 13, 2012

On june 9,2012 i booked a room thru priceline for one night at Super 8 airport. After driving for over 9 hours and arriving midnight to san antonio i was told that my room is taken and i will not be able to get any room for the night!!!! I PAID for that room thru priceline in advance and i was guaranteed a room however they didnt respect that and where selling rooms that they dont even HAVE!!!...The Girl (Krystal T) that was working that night , was horrible and instead of upgrading us to the only available room she has, she asked me to pay additional (total 90$) for that room and asked me to just deal with PRICELINE at 2am!!!!.....Horrible service and NO PARKING (FULL)!!!!.....Worse experience ever and no apology was given but instead they blamed priceline....I spent 3 hours and 165$ to find another decent hotel in the area and still waiting for my REFUND!!

Room Tip: Avoid this MOTEL as its horrible from Parking to Staff!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is one of those places you never want to experience again.
The location of this hotel was the prime attraction, but the owners let themselves down badly here due to very poor cleaning standards, bedding and breakfast.
It was evident the carpets needed urgent cleaning with my wife complaining that she got dirt on her feet from walking on the carpet.
The bedding stunk. Although linen was clean, the pillows were well past their use by date and needed urgent washing at the very least.
Breakfast was a really poor effort. Breakfast cereal was limited to 2 high sugar choices, stale muffins and stale bread. There was a waffle machine provided but the pre-mix after cooking was a blobby mess. Coffee was luke warm and when complaint was made the coffee was nearly cold, I was completely disregarded by the reply, "No it's hot."
We have never stayed in a hotel where staff have been so miserable and the constant scouring looks just add to the atmosphere of this establishment.
There was excessive noise created by children in the early hours of the morning, which turned out to be the children of staff members.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Most horrible disgusting place I have ever stayed in my life. For $90 I can't believe it. I've stayed in $40 a night places 15x nicer. Half the lights in the room didn't work. Mold in shower. Someone's left over food was in the fridge. So much dust. Absolutely terrible. Most horrible smell in the room. And they had a condom machine next to the lobby. Real classy. Hate this entire city. Can't wait to be back in Stephenville.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Jcslater13
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Very convenient to airport and Budget rent a car (400 metres away)
Hotel is old but fairly clean.
Breakfast offering is very minimal: One kind of cofee, waffles, toast, 2 cereals.
Offers airport shuttle for free but not rental car. Office does not have an umbrella to lend to guests when the rains come down!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Typical low end motel. Old and in need of update. Toilet needed repair. It would run and run. lobby and hall smelled of cigarettes. Water damage stains on walls in room. I would not stay again, despite price of $ 54.

• Stayed: January 2012