“Poor Quality Everything - Careful Here”

Super 8 San Antonio/Airport
Ranked #231 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Ulladulla, Australia
“Poor Quality Everything - Careful Here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is one of those places you never want to experience again.
The location of this hotel was the prime attraction, but the owners let themselves down badly here due to very poor cleaning standards, bedding and breakfast.
It was evident the carpets needed urgent cleaning with my wife complaining that she got dirt on her feet from walking on the carpet.
The bedding stunk. Although linen was clean, the pillows were well past their use by date and needed urgent washing at the very least.
Breakfast was a really poor effort. Breakfast cereal was limited to 2 high sugar choices, stale muffins and stale bread. There was a waffle machine provided but the pre-mix after cooking was a blobby mess. Coffee was luke warm and when complaint was made the coffee was nearly cold, I was completely disregarded by the reply, "No it's hot."
We have never stayed in a hotel where staff have been so miserable and the constant scouring looks just add to the atmosphere of this establishment.
There was excessive noise created by children in the early hours of the morning, which turned out to be the children of staff members.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Most horrible disgusting place I have ever stayed in my life. For $90 I can't believe it. I've stayed in $40 a night places 15x nicer. Half the lights in the room didn't work. Mold in shower. Someone's left over food was in the fridge. So much dust. Absolutely terrible. Most horrible smell in the room. And they had a condom machine next to the lobby. Real classy. Hate this entire city. Can't wait to be back in Stephenville.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Jcslater13
Muskoka District, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

Very convenient to airport and Budget rent a car (400 metres away)
Hotel is old but fairly clean.
Breakfast offering is very minimal: One kind of cofee, waffles, toast, 2 cereals.
Offers airport shuttle for free but not rental car. Office does not have an umbrella to lend to guests when the rains come down!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Typical low end motel. Old and in need of update. Toilet needed repair. It would run and run. lobby and hall smelled of cigarettes. Water damage stains on walls in room. I would not stay again, despite price of $ 54.

• Stayed January 2012
New Caney, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

just stayed one night and had no problems, clean rooms, friendly staff

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Sulphur Springs, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

Reading the reviews, I can't believe this is the same Super 8! It has been completely remodeled. We asked for and received a Non Smoking room with little walking. Comfy bed. All new bedding. It was all very nice. The only thing I would criticize is the water pressure. Very close to SA Airport, but little noise from it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
austin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

I booked a room through Priceline.com and when I arrived at the hotel I was put in a smoking room. I asked to transfer to a non smoking room. They charged me an extra $20.00 to do this. Then they had to program the HBO on the tv, which took them an hour to do. After being in the room for about two hours, I pulled down the covers to the bed and it was covered with crumbs. It was obvious they had not changed the sheets. Then as I was sitting there I felt something land on my shoulder, I looked down and it was a bug (looked like a termite). I looked up the wall and they were swarming up the wall toward the ceiling. I called the front desk and the person on duty came down and looked. He implied that I put the crumbs in the bed, but said he would move me to another room due to the insects. After being moved to another room (the 3rd one) I saw the same thing, insect climbing up the wall. At this point I no longer wanted to stay at this hotel. It was clear that it was a trashy place. I asked for a refund and the clerk on duty said he would need to talk to the manager. He asked me to wait for him. After about 30 minutes, the manager shows up (in a t shirt and shorts) and tells me that he cannot give me my money back because I booked through priceline. He was very rude. He also refused to give me back the extra $20.00 I paid for non-smoking (even though that wasn't through priceline). After I refused to leave with out a reservation somewhere else or my money back (because I had confirmation and had already paid for the room), the police were called and I was asked to leave with out a refund or a place to stay. I was there on business and was suppose to be there another two days. Priceline said they would refund my money, but I have yet to get it back. I am also still waiting to be refunded the $20.00 for the room change. Over all it was a nightmare experience. I would highly recommend that everyone avoid this hotel at all cost. It's a horrible place with even worse management. The manager was very rude and unprofessional. That's just my experience, take from it what you want.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business