Stay Express Inn & Suites San Antonio Seaworld Medical Center
Ranked #252 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, Texas
“Disgusting Hotel!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Dirty rooms! I would advise all travelers to stay away from this hotel. Sure it is cheap, however spend more money and stay at another hotel. The rooms smell like a mixture of urine and mold. The carpet is so filthy. It looks like they can't afford to clean the carpets on a regular schedule. I went and checked into another hotel because I refused to stay there. I was out the $39 but I feel better since I refused to stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This place is very dirty the carpets and bathroom are nasty!! Not good if you have small children i wouldnt let my children touch anything or go any where barefoot There was also lots of hair on the bed I had to get a refund after a few hours of being there rooms also very small. Not worth saving 20 dollars. We went to comfort inn five min from sea worl and BIG difference.

• Stayed July 2012
antigo45, Manager at Stay Express Inn & Suites San Antonio Seaworld Medical Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
I truly want to apologize for the carpet condition. We have been very busy this summer and our carpets have taken the brunt of the season. However, to address this problem further we have purchased an in-house commercial carpet cleaner to act immediately on the carpet issue. We have also addressed the other problems you indicated and want to thank you for bringing it to our attention. If in the future you are coming to San Antonio, please consider giving us another chance to be of service to you.
Little Elm, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our Seaworld trip on July 14-15. Its not too far from Seaworld so the location was nice. I showed up around 12:30 ish and tried to check in and the guy (who didn't even greet me) said "Ummm check in is not till 3 p.m." I said you don't have any rooms available now? And he said no..the funny thing was he checked some other lady in right before me and gave her her keys..I know that's the policy but I have never had any problems checking in early at any other hotel before. .We showed back up around 2:55 and my husband went in and he said "sure you can have the room now"...well we better! So the front staff wasn't very friendly. The room was pretty clean unlike some of the other reviews I read,. The sheets and bathroom were clean. Several of the T.V. channels didnt work even though it said they were available on the channel guide in the room. The only comment I have is the carpets are nasty. There are stains all over the floor and I felt uneasy about my son crawling around on the floor. Overall, for the price it wasn't bad. If you are looking for a place to just crash, it is fine but if you plan on spending a lot of time in the room, I suggest spending a little bit more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
antigo45, Manager at Stay Express Inn & Suites San Antonio Seaworld Medical Center, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. As we are very busy this summer, the carpets and floor have been taking a beating daily. We normally have a quarterly cleaning by a professional company to clean the carpets but it seems we need to clean them more frequently. To help with this problem we have purchased a carpet cleaning machine to clean the carpets as needed to keep up with our traffic in this busy summer. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope we can do better for you in the future.
Houston
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The room was an absolute disgrace. The carpet was stained and sticky, the bed linens and pillow were so old and tattered. The room smelled like industrial strength cleaner, obviously overdone to try and cover up the stench of oldness and mold. Absolutely disgusting chair that was old and worn out with dirt stains. I would never, ever come back to this hotel again. What a disgrace to the Super 8 hotel chain. Continental breakfast was a joke with old stale cereal and bread. Coffee was bitter. This was the grossest hotel I ever stayed in, would have left but got in late and all other hotels were booked. Would have been better off sleeping under a bridge with the homless people.

Room Tip: Do not go near this craphole
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joseph K
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Employees do not wear uniforms or shoes so you don't know if they work there or not. The front desk clerk was in jeans, tshirt and sandals. He seemed bothered that I walked in while he was on his laptop behind the desk. I was apparently taking him away from his facebook time while I tried to check in. The room was one of the worst rooms I have encountered in my time. Carpet was stained, bad smell and a plunger in the bathroom. Do they clean the plungers? We moved to another room because I refused to stay in that room. The second room was just as bad. I had to leave. I would much rather pay double the price I paid than spend another minute at that hotel. I expect more from a chain owned by Wyndam.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nank77
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel was terrible. We rented 2 rooms for 4 nights. We would have left before even staying the first night but it was late and we prepaid for the rooms so we were stuck with this hotel our entire stay. The hotel was incredibly dirty. In one room we found an old sippy on cup on the floor with curdled milk still in it. In the second room we found old hairbrushes and tooth brushes. I don't think our rooms were cleaned our entire stay. We killed several roaches on our first night and upon checkout on the 5th morning, they were still on the floor in the same spot. I am not even convinced the sheets were clean when we got there although I'd rather not think about it. The hotel staff was very friendly. However, they were all living in the hotel. It doesn't make you feel safe about leaving your things when your away knowing 1/5 of the guests have access to your rooms. The breakfast was good and what is to be expected for a free breakfast and they kept it well stocked. The real complaint was the filthiness of this hotel. The rooms should at least be cleaned between guests, as well as during their stay. I guess you get what you pay for but I can say I would never stay here again and would strongly suggest no one else staying here either.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family