“My vehicle got broken in, completely destoyed.”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest Medical Center
Ranked #94 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
del rio
“My vehicle got broken in, completely destoyed.”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

My truck was parked right infront of main entrence, my truck has an alarm, they broke my driver side window the alarm went of and the security did nothing,they had alot of time, this people stole my t.v touch screem stereo, and over head screen, amplifiers,c.d's and dvd's all my warranties papers tools every thing i had inside.Broke my dash, damaged my door and paint on my truck on the outside.They did alot of damage.The thives were their for a long time taking everything and no one saw nothing, they say they have security that i never saw, this is no cheep hotel, i have stayed at cheeper hotels and they have several security gards... I don't recomend this hotel because of that,and of course they said their are not are not responsable for any damages.That is terrible it is not safe on the parking lot. The security is not safe, if there is any taking care of your vehicles. But if you don't have another place to stay, take all of your belongings in side the hotel. I will never stay here.The hotel inside was nice but not worth loosing everything. Ohh they said they were sorry!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank mefuge
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest Medical Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2009
Thank you for your feedback. We were shocked and angry upon finding that your truck had been broken into. We can certainly understand how frustrating the event was for you. We work diligently to create a safe environment for our guests and are working with the San Antonio Police Department should they need our assistance on your case. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact the hotel directly and management will be happy to speak with you immediately.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
South Carolina
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We have stayed at this particular Drury Inn four times over the past year. The staff were helpful, friendly and accomodating. The afternoon snacks were a treat for the kids. I would highly recommend this hotel for business travelers and families.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Austin,Tx
Reviewed August 4, 2009

This hotel is very old. You can really tell when you drive up. This hotel was not our first choice, we actually waited too long to reserve the hotel we really wanted and they book up fast. We went with this hotel due to all the perks it offers and it was fairly cheap, but not too cheap. The room was not very clean, it was somewhat clean, except there were stains on the sheets the first night. VERY VERY close to I-10. You can hear everything at night. Elevator broke down, only had 1 available elevator for 8 floors. The coffee that is free is disgusting. The free quick food is not that good, and the lines get very long, and you can't even find a table to sit at. The beds are very uncomfortable. Our vacation went wrong and it seems the hotel had everything to with it. I Don't Understand how all the reviews were so good! That was one of the deciding factors for us. If you're used to the Marriot or Hyatt.... Stay away.

I was very shocked by how other people rated this place as being really nice. I started to think that maybe for the majority of the people that have stayed here, this may be really nice to them, because they were... I hate to say the word "Ghetto"

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank ATXmwalcher
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest Medical Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2009
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you had several concerns during your stay at our hotel. Your comments will be shared with our team to help us all make changes to improve the level of service and quality you expect and deserve while at our hotel. We are all committed to making your visit with us as enjoyable as possible, so please contact our front desk should you have any questions or concerns while at the hotel so that we can take care of them immediately before check-out. We appreciate your business and do hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your travel needs.
Austin
Reviewed July 31, 2009

This was a nice and clean hotel. It was perfect location, right between Sea World and Fiesta Texas, which we visited both parks on our visit.
Staff was friendly and breakfast was good. They had happy hour in the early evening and served pizza and Nachos as a snack.
Would stay here again.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Houston
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We stayed here one Friday night on our way to West Texas. Check-in was a breeze - We arrived about 7:30 pm and they already had our keys ready for us. The kids went to the indoor pool and although it was crowded but they had plenty of towels available.

We arrived at breakfast early the next morning. On weekends the breakfast doesn't start until 7 am so we had to wait a few minutes for everything to get out. The breakfast area was very clean and neat and the food was hot and fresh. I was impressed at how neat the breakfast area was.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
South Central PA
Reviewed June 16, 2009

This hotel is not exactly a one star, but its rating needs to fall. It is showing its age, the halls are not vacuumed, elevator tone is shrill, there was a beer bottle cap on top of the television cabinet, ice machines on floors 1, 4 and 6 of an 8 story hotel, soft mattresses, and road noise, Little things mount up. The layout of the rooms is good for a family. There's a new Drury further out on I-10 that is brand new. If you want to be in this area and like the Drury model, stay there.

But a top value at $130/night? I wouldn't complain if this were 2/3 the price, but this is not value. Even with a very good breakfast.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest Medical Center, responded to this review, June 24, 2009
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests and sincerely apologize that you had concerns during your stay at our hotel. Your comments will be shared with our team to help us make changes to improve the level of service and quality at our hotel. If ever during a stay with Drury Hotels you have any questions or concerns, please let the front desk know right away so we can work to correct the problem before check-out. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.
Reviewed March 20, 2009

This hotel was very good value. But it was also very good value for every family on the planet for Spring Break. The hotel was booked to capacity and the lines for breakfast in the morning were lined up to the front desk. The food was pretty average, but I guess reasonable value for the money we paid. I think if you were going to go to the theme parks, this might be a good location, but if you want to hang out in San Antonio - you really need to stay at the Riverwalk area because the drive is too far at night. Yes, it's only about 15 or 20 minutes, but it's too far for us. The hotel pool was good, but it was literally full to the brim with a gazillion kids. I think this place would have been much better had it not been so full. The positives - it was a clean hotel and it was cheap. The negatives - too many people, cheap food, floppy bed. Every time my 165 lb. husband got out of the bed, the whole bed moved around. You get what you pay for - next time I would spend the extra $30 - $50 a night and stay in a better place.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family