“Suprisingly good stay for the buck”

Budgetel Inn & Suites
Ranked #278 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Killeen, Texas
“Suprisingly good stay for the buck”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I originally booked at this hotel because I was trying to save money. Well we all have heard horror stories about "you get what you pay for", not the case at Budgetel. For the low cost I paid, I had low expectations of what was going to be my hotel experience. The staff at the hotel were very friendly. Any questions I had about the hotel or surrounding area, they answered right away. Once I got to my room, I was suprised, it was spacious and clean WITH NO BUGS!!! How awesome is that! I got a good nites rest with no interruptions. No loud hotel guest, no bad kids running wild. I rested very well on my bed and found it to be comfortable. The room had the same kind of amenities you can find at any other costly hostly (tv, desk table, chair, cushion chair, ect) The only negative I found is that no iron or ironing board came with room. Lucky for me I traveled with an iron and just used the bed to straighten my clothes. The hotel location was right off the hwy, so it was convenient to moving around. No cars appeared to had been vandilized so that was comforting. Overall I found my stay well worth the money and would return.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MsLaydee808

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bermuda
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Well it was in a good area, 10 minutes from the airport (3 exits up) one exit away from fort sam houston, and it was next to a bar/restaurant and carl's jr and a bunch of others across the street. The amenities were a plus: free parking, wifi, pool,cont breakfast. But its comparable to a motel 6, very basic. It was clean (it seemed like) Now the parking at night is awful if you want to park in the front of the hotel. You can park in the back but then you have to walk all the way around to the front. staff was nice. The breakfast consisted of: oatmeal,cereal, biscuits and gravy,toast and juice. I got this hotel for $20 a night on priceline so i really cant complain. Oh and the fitness room is being remodeled so its out of use.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I stayed here while visiting my girlfriend in San Antonio. It's certainly not the nicest place that I've ever stayed, but it's a great deal for what I paid. ($25, in this case)

It's true that the elevator and some of the halls a bit old and slightly dirty, but the lobby appears to have been recently redone, the staff is nice, and the room was fine. Minor quibbles was that a curtain rod was missing, my room's deadbolt didn't seem to work, and some bits of the walls in the room were slightly dirty.

Nevertheless, the furniture in the room seemed fairly new, the air conditioner worked fine, and everything was generally comfortable. I couldn't find any evidence of insects as I'd seen in other reviews, nor did the place seem particularly musty. I'd definitely stay here again at that price.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2010

......a bit run down & shabby. The 5 am train nearby is a real treat. Certainly the staff are nice...... but in the end, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank 155019Clm03
Vancouver
Reviewed October 25, 2010

After seeing some reveiws on tripadvisor I decided to book this hotel -- I was wary as it was only $35 a night!!! I got that rate online (hotels.com), the rate at the hotel was $44.
Anyways- I was bracing myself for a sketchy hotel and was VERY pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean, no smoke smell (despite being an old hotel), great service, beautiful lobby and breakfast area, clean pool... They are still in the midst of renovations in certain areas of the hotel, but we did not hear any construction noise despite being there midweek.
Obviously this is no 5 star, and there are minor issues- old carpet in the halls, some missing tiles in the pool, but overall this is great place to stay.
Its a 15 min drive from downtown, but if you have a car this is no problem.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ikbeans
Euless, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The rooms were very clean and confortable beds and good customer service

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2010

It was a cheap hotel but the room was surprisingly nice except for dirty washrags in our bathroom and old carpet. The hotel staff was helpful and apologized for the lack of good housekeeping. We had a good night's sleep and a hot shower, however, the hallways and elevators had papers on the floor and needed some cosmetic paint and repair.

I personally would not stay there again but if you need a cheap hotel and don't mind a few quirks, you may want to check them out.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple