“I would never stay here!”

Budgetel Inn & Suites
Ranked #275 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Ft Worth
“I would never stay here!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I travel for business and will look for a room using my phone internet connection. I found this property and it was close to where I needed to be for work. On my phone the pic looked nice.

I always call ahead and one of the questions is "do you have truck parking and where is it" I was told yes and the parking area is large so that wouldnt be an issue.

I drive a truck so I have to make wide turns. I am taking 2 lanes to make the turn into the parking lot when some jerk pulls his mustang up to my front bumper and just sits in his car staring at me and wont move. Now I am blocking the access road. I jump out and ask what is going on and he tells me that he used to work there and that I cant come in that way. Long story short, I backed out and parked next door in a dirt lot.

On the way i, I turned the corner and was greeted by a big loud bark. There was a pit bull type dog locked inside the pool area with food/water bowls and dog toys. Then when I went inside to be greeted by a ghetto looking girl. She was nice though. I asked about truck parking and was told to park where ever. After looking around I saw that this place is a total dump, inside and out.

I just had this gut feeling that I needed to go somewhere else so I went to a property that I have stayed in the past. I am here right now and have no issues with this property.

After seeing what I saw, I would never recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank FtWorthChuck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I visited san Antonio on vacation and the staff was great. The hotel is great distance from airport and convenient for parks...
I would recommend clean and ecpnomical..

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed in this hotel just a couple days ago and it was awful the staff was not nice and the room were less than decent. Also my very expensive iPad went missing and they didn't even try to do anything about it and I'm pretty sure it was the hotel staff. And the next day someone else stuff went missing from their room as well don't book here it's horrible.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Melissa1488

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Corpus Christi
Reviewed April 29, 2012

When I saw the price I thought what a deal, but I was very wrong. The bed was very uncomfortable for the whole vacation and the cleaning staff looked ghetto so, I believe the person who said stuff was stolen from their room. The breakfast advertised waffles, but instead should say we have ego's and provide a toaster that may work. The luggage carrier was broken and the one that worked was hard to push. Next time were dishing out the extra cash where I can atleast get a good night sleep since thats all we need the room for.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Erica T
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My family and I came to this hotel the Halloween weekend. It was a great expirience, the staff was nice, the hotel decorations were cool and my children loved the breaksfast.
The price is economic as well as clean and comfort. I would recommend this to anyone. This was our first time in San Antonio on Halloween and we loved it all.

We will definately return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed 2 nights over a weekend. There always seemed to be tons of cars in the large parking lot but we never saw loads of people or even heard them, which was nice. Located directly off of 410E Loop and I do mean directly, which is convenient. Breakfast was a little better than the bare minimum most cheap places have. Housekeeping came both days, front desk was pleasant enough, pool looked clean. No a/c in the hallways or elevator, but worked ok in the room. Room was a bit small but everything was cleaned and worked EXCEPT the internet. They do have 2 computers in the lobby that u can use, but I enjoy having it in the room...NO LUCK! Bed was tolerable and the tv was a little dark with no way to adjust it. Overall it was "bad" or "horrible", but with no internet, a darkened tv screen and a bed that could have been more comfortable, I have to give it 2 stars. Course, I am on a budget and if it comes up again for the right price I will most likely book again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank djz032070
Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2011

The hotel is cheap but it is also horrible. The A/C went out on us and they would not change us to another room. Room was okay but it did smell very moldy, even the hallway smelled pretty bad. We paid for two nights and stayed one, we left after they "attempted" to fix the A/C. We coul not stand the luke warm air coming out of that thing. Pay the 20 to 30 dollars more a night and stay somewhere else. Horrible, horrible place. I visit this website a lot to get the views and opinions of other travelers but I am not the type to really complain to much about anything and I take things in stride but I created an account to warn others about this place. I am not an account creator but it really was horrible and just had to do it to get the word out.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple