“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #271 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
San Marcos, Texas
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We usually stay at hotels that cost a bit more money but we decided last minute to go out of town and we were strapped for cash. This was the first time we've stayed in a Motel 6 and we were actually very pleased with the hotel. The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean. My only complaint was that they don't give you any shampoo or conditioner. You get a couple bars of soap and that's it. Next time we'll just be prepared and bring out own. For the price we paid, we were very pleased and would recommend it to anyone else who's looking for a decent place to stay on a budget.

Room Tip: bring your own shampoo and conditioner
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TeelaBoBeela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I chose this hotel because of it's location to Six Flags Fiesta Texas check in was supposedly at 3pm we called ahead only to be told that none of the rooms were cleaned and they only had a smoking room available. The hotel grounds need a good power washing there's no elevator if you have a cooler or large luggage. I ended up going to the zoo since my room wasn't ready until 6pm smoking of course and the beds are hard and uncomfortable. No towels for me and my sister we had to ask almost every night for extra towels. So if you're looking for somthing cheap this hotel is it ;don't expect much just because of the area it's located in (La Cantera) and don't let the pictures on the internet fool you either the new remodeled rooms are small, bathroom is small also and there is no fridge, microwave, or any other amenities. Overall the only thing motel 6 will do is leave the light on you have to make due with everything else.

Room Tip: Tip chose the hotels that are located in the La Cantera area closest to the park such as the fairfie...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2011

The first room was upstairs, dirty, and gross. I had requested down stairs as we have a five month old son.
More about the 1st room: on top of the filth. There was mold in the corners and stains on the bedspreads. The toilet spit water at you when you flushed. But my biggest issue was the missing safety latch.
Requested a move and the manager was accommodating. The 2nd room was downstairs, after I was told they had no downstairs rooms. This room was cleaner at least. But I find the decor tacky and tasteless. As my husband pointed out we got what we paid for and a lesson was learned.
The only positive I found was it was close to Fiesta Texas and easy access to I-10 to travel around. Not sure about the pool as we chose to not use it as it was full of teenagers.
The scariest moment of our stay was in the middle of the 2nd night when drunk teenagers tried to enter out room. Call to the front desk was of no help.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2011

People stay at motel 6 for one reason. They see no reason to pay 100+ dollars for the added benefit of breakfast, hair dryers, shampoo and conditioner, and a couple more feet at the end of the bed. On our first night of our week long vacation we stayed at a 5 star hotel and it cost us 140, and it was just great. The next 3 nights we stayed at motel 6, and it was... just great. For the extra 90 bucks a day we ate at really good restaurants and shopped with the money. The room was loud, but not abnormal considering you are right on the highway. It's background white noise that helps me sleep personally. I tell my wife it's the urban ocean sound ;). The floors are this bamboo flooring stuff, and it really tracks the black road tar off the pavement bad, but we learned to take off our shoes at the door. The room is small, but we don't have parties in hotel rooms we sleep in them. The beds are hard, but that's really good for our backs. The blankets are very lightweight and don't keep you warm if you keep the air con on all night to keep the humidity down. The tub in this location did have some staining at the bottom and was missing it's stopper, but again the road tar is relentless, you are in SA and it's HOT. If your a tourist it's probably why you are here :). To take the kids a bath I just put some plastic wrap from a complimentary cup in the tub for a stopper ;).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank vmlinux
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2010

There was no WiFi as advertised.
There were empty soda bottles on the bed
The room was very noisy, I-19 traffic, and the guests you could here all
The bed felt wet for some reason, the sheets had stains, luckily we had some in the car.
The bath tub had black stains, mud and grime left from before.
The floor was filthy, looked like it was not mopped for months
Room # was 235, please check it out for yourself
The best way to undo problems, is experience it for yourself.
Reservation clerk could not find reservation.
When the reservation was found, a clean room could not be found, it took 15 minutes before they guessed, housekeeping may have cleaned this room by now
The check in was at 3 not before, and they asked for us to leave at 12 the following day, the website says it is a 24 hour rental.
We read reviews but did not beleive it as we thought it could not be that bad.
The floor was so filthy we had to wear sneakers in the room.
the only plus was location, since this is located by Fiesta Texas, the same exit #.
Got to make a U-Turn, on exit 555 and go down a block, the clerk misguided us saying we had to make a left, and they were on the lefft hand side, fortunately we had navigation.
The beds were hard, no mattress boxes, just mattresses.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank jacobtwo
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2010

The website listed this motel as being remodeled. They only put in a couple of new things. I wouldn`t call that a remodel. They also painted over mold in the bathroom that was coming through the paint. I consider this a health risk. The bathroom door wouldn`t hardly open or shut. This was not worth the money. The one good thing is that it is close to Fiesta Texas. I will not stay here again. One last thing the pool was also dirty.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank sgkirby
Reviewed May 9, 2010

This stay was the most horrible ever.I wouldn't reccomend to anyone..we came here because it was really close to six flags.me my sister and my neice..we got 2 double beds but had to sleep on 1 due to other bed had really big white stains on comforter.floor was extremely dirty so we had to put our shoes on when going to the bathroom.when we first got in the non smoking room.I went to the bathroom and the toilet was very dirty dark brown stains all over toilet.and a cigarette in it.housekeeping came in to clean..also hair all over sink.would have rather payed more than getting some kind of sickness here.learned my lesson

• Stayed July 2010