“NOT SO GREAT!”

Studio 6 San Antonio - Medical Center
Ranked #285 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed February 21, 2011

This place was aweful! There is no lighting in the stairwells or walkways. SAFETY ALERT! Secondly the sheets and towels were disgusting. I found some gross material on the coveres when I turned them back and the towels had someone elses pubic hairs. There was an excessive amount of hairs in the bathroom corners and in the shower. My overall description of this place is "NASTY".

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travelerwone

Reviewed July 19, 2010

I attended a large (50,000) convention in San Antonio and did not want to spend 125 dollars or more a night for a room for 4 days, which was the going rate if I booked through the convention. I amde my reservation directly with Studio6. I did book 9 months before the convention. It only took me 15 minutes to get downtown and parked every day. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The hot water was plentiful, the air conditioner worked great and the door locked securly. Housekeeping was minimal but you do know of this ahead of time. A dish brush and detergent was not provided but I new of this ahead of time and hit a dollar store for supplies. Wi-fi was 4.95 for a month and worked great. No com port blocks or band width limits that you encounter frequently. Great grocery store and a Taqueria less than a mile away. This property is truly a great value for the money. I met fellow convention attendees that were paying twice as much as I did for rooms and service that were equal to mine. I heard some stories about the downtown hotels being overwhelmed. 3 hour waits to check in. Airport shuttles taking hours. Hot water running out. 20 minute waits for an elavtor. Parking nightmares, Lost car keys, lost cars. 25 bucks each time to get your car. These were the 150 and up per night properties. I will stay in this property again when I return to San Antonio which has now become my favorite city.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gadgetsdad
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Good value - but found better one with better room, free Internet, pool and cheaper across the street. Front desk staff for first week were disinterested-metal piece sticking out of mattress, waited 2+ hours for assistance on first morning (Sunday)-locked out of room-area manager called-no apologies, etc. Second week there was a new male (friendly-new) then female front desk person "very nice" in his presence. Maintenance and housekeeping staff "excellent" - friendly, helpful!!! OK for few nights or a week but like I said - better across the street.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank OTtravelergh
Reviewed May 24, 2008

The presence of a full kitchen (minus baking oven) and a cheap weekly rate lured me to make a reservation at this property. For a single traveller the room size was okay, but nothing more. Check-in was quick; WiFi comes at once $4.95 for up to 28 days of stay.
The 2 studios is inhabited were sufficiently clean.

The problem I had was that any sound made in the nextdoor studio came through the connecting door absolutely unfiltered. Switching on the a/c-unit to overshadow the noise from nextdoor is of no good use, as it is of that type that shuts down completely once the set temp is reached (in contrast to units that keep the fan milling).
After the situation escalated one night, I moved to another room (studio) without a conencting door and slept well for the remainder of the stay.

Parking is ample, but access from the Interstates is a bit tricky (especially with lots of construction work in the Interstates going on). It took me 3 attempts to find the fastest route to the airport due to blocked entrances and exits. Btw, the route from the airport is much easier to find.

Would I stay here again ? Undecided, but never in a unit with a connecting door.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Archie02DE
Reviewed March 16, 2008

Here is what I liked:
1. The woman at the front desk was friendly.
2. The room was cheap.
3. The manager gave us a $45 refund after our vehicle was burglarized ($1500 damage to our truck and $1600 worth of stuff was stolen).

Here is what I disliked:
1. The room was FILTHY! I cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen, including washing the walls, so my children and I could be comfortable.
2. When the room needed to be vacuumed, we had to walk across the establishment to borrow a vacuum cleaner (and return it when we were finished).
3. Any time we needed clean towels, we had to bring our used ones to the front desk to be traded for clean ones.
4. There was no dish soap and the dishes that were provided had obviously not been washed with soap before they were put away.
5. The room smelled like either really dirty feet...or something. We used air fresheners to help.
6. Our vehicle was burglarized while we were there. The officers said that they had many reports at this address, but they added that there was no real "safe" place to park a car in San Antonio.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mjjsak
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Before heading off to Japan this past June 2007, I was searching for hotels to entertain my guest from Japan, who was visiting in August 2007. I decided to test run this hotel before suggesting this to my guest.

For 69.99, the room was spacious, comfortable and included a nice kitchen area complete with refrigerator, oven, pots, pans and dishes, just like home! We were very please with this, even though we were only staying one night. I thought it'd be a great place to for long-term travelers!

The TV had ample amount of channels, plus the bathroom was big and spacious. Pretty neat amount of amneties for a one-star hotel. Cleaning service was available daily if you needed and they hotel staff was by far friendly and generous. Never felt so comfortable in my life!

There were some problems, however. The hotel is a bit dated with the floors and carpet looking a bit old (but they were clean). The bathtub was a little bit stained with soap build-up but nothing my b/f and I were able to clean up in seconds. The pots and pans were not washed properly, but again, something we were able to wash within a minute or so. The 2nd time we stayed, the utensils were missing from o ur room, which we promptly reported. They quickly made sure we would not be billed for it and took care if it with urgency.

Another gripe about Motel 6 is that the night before we were to check out in August, our room was filled with the stench of toxic fumes along the lines of paint thinner. It was coming from the room next door (some college kids were staying there) I called the after-hours line and the guy said simply "I'll tell them in the morning." I was in complete awe, wondering how they'd let us sleep in such a horrible situation! The front desk apologized the next morning and presumably the college kids got thier butts thrown out.

Other than that, we felt so comfortable and happy despite the shortcomings!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Delita_chan
Reviewed June 23, 2007

This hotel was in a really great location right down from sea world. The staff was very helpful and very nice, The room was to the best of a motel 6 clean not saying that it was totally spotless. Tv was a great plues, along with wifi they do charge 4.95 to use it but hey small price to pay to have it and not use dial up. Now the things i didn't like very hard bed noise from behind and above my room i mean you could hear every movement they made above you. the price was also something usually its like 66.00 a night but i had to pay 81.00 so not to bad considering in a good location but could have gave there usual nightly rate. Food you may have to drive onto 410 to find something advice is unless you want fastfood call the place ahead of time.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family