“Never Again....” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #285 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Never Again....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We decided at the last moment that we would visit San Antonio, TX for the 4th of July. We thought we were lucky to get a room. Uh! Wrong! The Customer Service, Hot Water and A/C was EXCELLENT! That was about it! I used an entire can of Lysol to attempt to KILL THE GERMS! The second night, I noticed DRY BLOOD on my pillow. GROSS!! Really? Why wouldn't you just discard the pillow? Needless to say I didn't sleep with a pillow that night. YES, we stayed for 2 nights. We should have stayed in the car. We have stayed at a Studio 6 before, but this location was the WORST!! We have decided to remove Motel 6/ Studio 6 from our list of places to stay while out of town...

Room Tip: Don't select; until a complete remodel is done!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Felicia R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Since we have to going to the hospital on a regular basis, I made the mistake of staying here. I was shown the mock up room next to the office and decided to stay a weekend. We had to wait as our room was being "cleaned" and the carpet was still wet. When we finally checked in, the carpet was filthy, food stains on the refrigerator door, hair clumps in the tub drain, sticky bathroom floor, hair in the tub and the toilet seat, lumpy bed, flat pillow, no lights in parking lot. BUT the kicker, I looked out the window and there was a man sitting right outside our door. The office did not answer when I called to report it. I did tell the front desk only to be told "Ok". No, it's not ok. We left that morning and have not gone back. We discovered Candlewood Suites on I-10 and love it. Nice, secure, and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Karen E
San Angelo, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

This particular motel was nearest to a special event. This motel charges a security deposit. They will always steal
your security deposit if they can get away with. I did not even use the refrigerator, the stove, the microwave, the
iron, or the dishes. Neither did I damage the property in any way. There was however some pre-existing damage
like scratch marks on the kitchen table, the phone was marked up, etc. When the time came for me to check out I
found that the office was closed. So I used the courtesy phone adjacent to the office. The woman who answered
directed me to put the keys in the chute or leave them inside the room I vacated. I simply put them in the chute.
I asked her what would be done about the security deposit. She they would mail a refund.. I found out later that this
was an outright lie. When I called the motel later I was told they were not willing to mail the refund. I live about 200
miles away, so going back to San Antonio makes no sense.

Room Tip: If you're going to be travelling to the northwest side of San Antonio in or near the hospital di...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kelly C
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

The rooms were gross!!!! It was over priced and there was no pool. One room they tried to put us up in had mold under the sink (my mother is allergic) and another room smelled like dog pee...finally they put us up in a room where the carpet had just been replaced. But if we had any other option we would not have stayed there at all!!!! So glad to be out of there and would never go back or recommend it to anyone!!!!

Room Tip: no room here is a good room, save your money and go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sprite18769
usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Dirty, bathroom should have been renovated years ago. Housekeeper is more interested in smoking than cleaning. Laundry was dirty. Used an off-site one instead. Had I known there was an InTown facility nearby would have used it instead. Wifi is very slow. Carpet is torn and dirty. I washed the towels myself since didn't trust their housekeeping staff to do them properly. Never again...

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. InTown suites are nearby and across the street is a better option.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gypsy2424
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Bath tub has set-in stains and toilet needs to replaced (cosmetic purposes); the mattress was lumpy and uncomfortable and the towels felt like sandpaper. I expected a basic room but this felt like it belonged on skid row. The Motel 6 down the street was cleaner and less money.

Room Tip: The Motel 6 down the street is better.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

My husband and I had planned on staying here for a whole month because it was extremely low price and it had a kitchen. I am the type of person who doesn't go into a hotel room and list out all it's flaws, and write a review. This is my 1st time writing about a hotel so here goes. We had booked a queen size bed, NON SMOKING. We walked into the room and we wouldn't even breathe with all the smoke that was in that room. The room looked gross. Our daughters feet were black after walking on the carpet. The room was dirty. It doesn't even look like the room was cleaned. The room was hot. We decided to leave. We left that place faster then we booked it. When we were walking down the stairs there was garage bins full of trash and bugs. These were left right on the bottom of the stairs so you have to walk past them. I had called the front desk explaining to them that i had requested a non smoking room, she was like it is a non smoking room. If you smelt the room you would agree with me as well! The manager had given the option to stay in another room.. An bigger room for the night. But only for one night since that was all we paid for. Then about 5 mins later, she called me back and had someone cancel and another room came up. So there goes the upgraded room. That wasn't even the issue! The point was that they didn't even try to accomadate me and my family. We ended up leaving and we will never go to another Studio 6 ever again. But my advice to you is, DON'T SAY THERE!! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! Worth place i have ever stayed. The place reminded me of those movies where pimping takes place..

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family