“Horrible, Filthy, Disgusting Place”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #306 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Henderson, Nevada
“Horrible, Filthy, Disgusting Place”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

There was a big ball of blonde hair in the tub when I arrived, along with filthy black footprints in the tub. There were dead cockroaches on the bathroom floor, the sink would back up while brushing your teeth. The sheets were NEVER changed. The pillows were filthy. There was an old bar of dry yellowed soap in the shower. I had to go to the front office every night for "clean" towels. There was a disgusting clerk at the front desk that was very rude. I HAD TO REQUEST CLEANING SUPPLIES SO THAT I COULD CLEAN THE NASTY TUB MYSELF!!!! The "breakfast" was stale bagels and every staler cereal. The whole experience was hideous. I booked this hotel on line via a link from Southwest Airlines. If you don't wanna expose your family or yourself to filth STAY AWAY!!!!! The price is exorbitant for the garbage they provide. The tiles around the "pool" are filthy with dirt and mold. The owner is someone named J. Patel....need I say more.

Room Tip: Shop carefully on line....beware.
4 Thank wildthing667

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2011

you better book at a different hotel/motel. I stayed with my family in room #126 on Jul 1-2:
no wi-fi, the telephone didn't worked, two lamps neither, bugs in the bathroom, dirty towels, the rug was so dirty and old, the 'free' breakfast was over at 8:45, terrible in every possible way. Went to front desk on Jul 1 to tell about the phone, towels and lamps, they 'took' notes but nothing happened, even when the manager said will call us during the day to fix our accommodation (never called, of course). It is close to Sea World but stinks. I dare the manager and employees to spend a night in room #126 w/o wi-fi, phone service, towels and the bugs in the bathrooom

Room Tip: you'd better find out another facility even if it is no so close to Sea World
3 Thank negroatt
Roland, IA
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Do not stay at this hotel! It was the filthiest hotel I've ever seen! Dirty carpet, dead bugs, stained bedspreads, stained sheets, stained pillow cases, pillows from the 50's also stained, mattresses were stained with burn marks on them, dirty shower had not been cleaned in months, dirty toilet, dirty sink with toothpaste in it, cracked moldy mildewed ceiling, food on floor, nothing wiped off, and filthy pool! This was our second room. Our first room was even worse. We were moved to another"cleaner room". Everything was really old and dirty and everything needed replacing. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE!!! If it belonged to me....I would burn it down and start all over!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
3 Thank SimonPhelps
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Booked into a smoking room...then moved into a non smoking room. During the night, someone tried to gain access to our room with a card...the third time, my husband conforted the man who said he had been assigned to our room???!! Then the worst part was that when we got home, I found out my new GPS unit was missing from my suitcase along with the GPS charger as well as my charger to my phone and digital camera. My advice....never never stay at this hotel. Not only do they have a thief on staff....but the room was filthy....finger prints on the doors, stains on the linens and tattered towels. My advice is to avoid this hotel at all costs. I'll bet the Hotel 6 just across the way from this hotel would be a better bet.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple