Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio by Seaworld
Ranked #145 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Chicago, Illinois
“sea world”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

very nice place. love the make your own breakfast waffles shaped like Texas! Very polite staff.
Not easy to find.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dallas, Texas, USA
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Needed a motel at the last minute, we had a death in the family. We located Microtal close to a cusin's house, so we stopped and the attendent was realy helpful her name is Estella, she was realy able to give us a wonderful room and alot of curtasy. We were very pleased and satisfied.

R/W# 132246297c

Room Tip: Are room was on the south side and it was quieter.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed March 29, 2012

.00My family of 5 stayed at the Microtel Inn & suites sea world/Lackland AFB on 3/24/2012. The eployees Estella, Mike, Daniel and Enrique were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spotless and the towels and beddings were very clean. the location, while somewhat hard to find if you are totally new to the area, is near many stores and restaurants and is very near both the Lackland AFB and Sea world. I intend on staying there when i return to San Antonio. The breakfast was great and was available from 6.30AM to 9.00AM.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, the Inn is located in a very quiet area and there are no other businesses or ro...
1 Thank Jeff M
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I stayed for two nights durring spring break. The location has only been open for about 5 months and everything is new. Internet/WiFi was good, TV was nice and had hookups in the wall for your game system. The address when entered into the GPS sent me 20 miles out of town, therefor its best to use the Sea World address in the GPS to get close. Very clean, good service, priced to suit any budget. Would recommend this place if your going to Sea World or Fiesta Texas. They do provide a fee shuttle to and from the theme parks.

• Stayed March 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My line of work requires me to travel and stay in hotels across the nation. This hotel is amongst the few that I would rate as Excellent. Before booking the reservation, I did my usual research and this hotel was amongst the top 10 that I found within my budget and location near Lackland AFB. What convinced me to pick this one? Estella the front desk receptionist. She had phone etiquette, was polite, cheerful, and sincere. Over the last eight years of traveling, I have learned that if you can't understand the person on the other end or if they sound like they are straight out of the ghetto, chances are, you will walk into a roach motel with shady middle eastern owners who say they have free wireless internet, breakfast, and coffee. When in reality, the only wirelss internet is in or near the lobby, ineternet service is $15.00 a day, breakfast consists of milk, stale cereal, hard muffins, boxed items not meant for resale from SAMS, limited cups of juice or coffee, and your not allowed to take items back to your room to feed the kids .That is not the case here. There were plenty of access points and even wired service in your room for free! UNBLOCKED! What you see is what you get. The rooms don't have the traditional "hotel room " look or feel.The rooms were amazing and looked like something that came off the Top Ten Stays on the Travel Channel. The suite I was in even inspired some ideas for my personal bedroom back home. For a while, I felt like I was back in Dubai. The owners of this hotel didn't cut corners. Heck, even the stairwells were carpeted. Everything is modern, with new appliances, clean, comfly, and had the largest wall mounted, Flat Screen, TV on a swivel arm, that I had ever seen in a budget hotel. All the HDMI, A/V, computer hook-ups are mounted on a console on the wall so you didn't have to pull the tv out to plug in a dvd player, gameconsole, or laptop. Way better than any Five Star hotels that I have been to! The breakfast was enough to get the day s started and the social hour drinks helped me undwind from the work day. I recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a short-term, nice, clean, place away from home.

Room Tip: If you are staying longer than a few days, avoid the rooms near entrances or sevice areas. The doors...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Vinnie C
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This hotel is new and offering 25% discount on room rates when we stayed there Jan 18-21, 2012. Hotel was practically empty with only 5 rooms out of 60+ occupied. The front desk staff failed to tell us the pool and hot tub were not being heated due to low occupancy. The housekeeping staff did not service our room on the second day. Breakfast was poor quality with very limited offerings which were getting quite stale by third morning. Only the 25 %discout made the value somewhat tolerable. The location is very hard to find and not easlily accessible.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank W H
Montgomery, Illinois
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My wife, son and I stayed at this Microtel (Lackland AFB) from Jan 11 - 14th. We were accompanied by my cousin and his wife who stayed in the room across the hall on the 2nd floor. We were all so happy to have chosen this hotel. Check in is a breeze as Eloy made us feel like family the moment we walked in. Brenda was also awesome in answering any questions we had and recommended some "cool" places to eat and visit. Now I'll tell you about the building itself.
Microtel Inn & Suites: This is a brand new building since they opened this past November. The place is very nice and clean. The continental breakfast offers 3 diff. cereals (cheerios, raison brand, and frosted flakes). Toast and bagels and 2 waffle irons to make fresh waffles.
Coffee (very good) as well as apple, orange and a couple of other bevs. avail. too. Yogurt is also available.

Room: I stayed in a suite which has a pull out sofa bed. My 21 year old son slept on it and said it was fine. My wife and I both liked our beds firmness, not too firm not too soft. Pillows were fine with both of us. Our room had a small fridge, microwave and small sink with nice granite counter. My cousin and his wife also liked every thing in their room. Bathroom was nice and clean, nothing fancy just the basics. Soap and towels provided, towels still in good shape. Television is at least a 42" flat screen with plenty of channels...very nice. Walls a little thin as one night one of our neighboring rooms had a little party going on. Iron and board also provided and hair dryer in bathroom.

Location; This place is on the outer west loop (16) a couple of miles south of Sea World. It's on the west side of the Loop rd. with acess to it only from the south bound lanes. We went to see my other son graduate from basic training at Lackland AFB. It took a ten minute drive to the bases gate without traffic. Thursday mornings orientation at the base was at 7 a.m. (traffice was very bad getting in to the base Thurs. only. Took us about 35 minutes to get into the base. Traffic on Friday, Sat. and Sun. was a lot better. This place is about 20 to 25 minutes from the Riverwalk in downtown S.A. and 7 to 10 min. to Sea World or Six Flags.

We highly recommend this hotel for people stay in. Remember this is not a fancy large hotel. It has a nice outdoor pool and jacuzzi....just don't expect the Four Seasons. If your a snob, don't stay here. If your a working family, you will be very happy if you stay here. Facilities are excellent as is the entire staff. A 5 star hotel for a small hotel and price. If you fly in to San Antonio you want to rent a car to get around. Someone told us they were charged $75 by a taxi from the airport to the hotel.

We will be staying here next time we visit San Antonio and my cousin and his wife feel the same.

Thanks Microtel for making our stay a pleaseant experience.

P.S. My wife was sick with sore throat and fever when were arrived. I took her to a Clinic named "Texas Medical Clinic". Also highly recommended in case of need.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a suite...their very nice.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family