“SURPRISING”

Barriba Cantina
Ranked #226 of 4,783 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: It's a new bar/restaurant opened by the people who run the County Line: www.countyline.com
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

The food here was fantastic- I was shocked. I thought it would be so so bar food but I will definately go back. The chicken tacos were crazy good and the fish on rice with avocado sauce yummy ! They should skip the lettuce under the guacamole though- yuck. Just put it in a cup and lower the price. $ 9 is steep for a big bowl of lettuce with a dollop of guacamole- it was tasty though. The margaritas are okay- a liitle too sweet. I like fresh lime and good tequila better. Otherwise everything was great and very reasonably priced. You will be pleasantly surprised. Sit by the river and enjoy.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

THis is located to the left of Hard Rock cafe. It is also on the River walk. We ate her at lunch on the first day. The Mexican food was excellent.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

This is more a bar with some food. The server was overly nice as we had our drinks, some chips and left. Nothing on the menu for our group. We were after some Mexican food. It did appear the night scene would be more appropriate.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Had walked by the downtown restaurant Barriba Cantina and a friend mentioned that she had recently dined there and it was "good". Then today, I stopped in with some family that had come to town. I advised that I knew nothing about this place so all bets are...questionable! We arrived right at opening time so we certainly had no problems with the service. The prices were reasonable and the selection descriptions were definitely interesting and...wait for it...the food was indeed delicious. Gormet Mexican is what I'd call it. Very flavorful. What a nice find for the downtown pallet!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I went here alone for a late lunch on a layover and they were about to close for a private party but the bar tender let me in as long as I was cool with sitting at the bar. I had the mango carnitas tacos. They were FANTASTIC! I love Mexican food but at most restaurants I go ala carte because I do not usually like rice and beans. The cilantro-lime rice that came with the tacos was wonderful. Overlooking the riverwalk the ambience is awesome.