“Dinosaur Quest is a waste of time and money”
Review of Dinosaur Quest - CLOSED

Dinosaur Quest
More attraction details
Owner description: Ever been face to face with an Allosaurus? Know why Stegosaurus was a picky eater? And what in the world is a Platybelodon? Take a journey through deep time and discover these dwellers of the distant past at Dinosaur-Quest, a Texas-sized prehistoric adventure for the whole family!Dinosaur Quest features eighteen life-size dinosaur skeletons and over 65 prehistoric skulls in a 20,000 square foot exhibit, displayed under brilliant lighting with dramatic sound. See how dinosaurs lived in high-end computer animation on plasma screens and theater-quality projections. The perfect family attraction, conveniently located in Rivercenter Mall in downtown San Antonio, Texas.
Mobile, Alabama
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Dinosaur Quest is a waste of time and money”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were the only visitors there and we soon learned why. Fake dinosaur models, very boring, even my six year old was ready to go.

If you want to see authentic dinosaur fossils, travel to the Houston Museum of Natural Science. One word- Amazing.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Rsavell

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Huge disappointment”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Huge disappointment. We took our 3-year-old son, who loves dinosaurs, and we were out in 5 minutes!! It is a boring exhibition in a crappy room, it looks more like a section of an itinerant expo. Among the most aggravating parts of the visit, was that the few skeletons in exhibition are surrounding by a tall fence. So if your child is shorter than 4 feet (like mine), you will have to keep him in your arms at all times.
When were were leaving I asked for a refund (30 dollars to enter that room is a rip off), they denied; the manager did not want to come outside, and the cashier lady just said she could not do it.
In conclusion, expensive, shabby exhibition, not well-suited for children shorter than 4 feet.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Aleja_13
Copperas Cove, Texas, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have three boys, ages 6, 8, and 10....so dinosaurs are a typical fun attraction. This was not worth the money even with the coupon i spent $47! We stayed for about 30 minutes, and that was trying to drag it out to get our money's worth! We went to the San Antonio Children's museum, spent $30 and about 3 hours there. My boys loved it, and were nice and sweaty too! Next time we make a trip to SA, we will skip the dinosaurs and head straight to the children's museum!

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Waste of Time and $”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had talked about this for a few weeks before our trip to SA. Total disappointment, no bathroom, overpriced, I might would pay $3, but $12 I will never get that back, nor my time. The giftshop was overpriced also, which of course led to somewhat of an issue after our paleontologist son was so disappointed in the exhibit. I'm not sure who calculated 20,000 square feet either.... seemed like about 3500.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank j b
Amarillo, Texas
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Waste of time and Money”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went to see this thinking that there were the animatronic dinosaurs and it was 10 minutes of my life that I will never get back. It costs 10 times more that what is worth even with the coupons. There are tons of other things to see and do. I will not be going back.

Visited November 2012