“Wonderful, relaxed Thai”

Bangkok 54 Thai Cuisine
Ranked #402 of 4,597 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Description: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bangkok-54-Thai-Cuisine/116974151671769
San Antnio
“Wonderful, relaxed Thai”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Casual and very delicious. Lunchtime was busy enough that you might want to arrive early. I was invited for a business lunch -- my first visit to this location. The menu has a large selection and you can decide, on a scale of 1 to 6, how hot you want your food. Just FYI, I would have ordered a 3 but was advised by a repeat customer that if I really wanted a 3, I should drop to a 2. I did and that was perfect for me. Another person in my party ordered her meal as a 5 and obviously enjoyed it! Talk to your server. They are very knowledgeable and are happy to accommodate your specific request or answer questions. I will return for sure. Attentive service, great food, super clean, and food spiced the way YOU want it. Pretty perfect.

Visited May 2014

San Antonio, TX
“Thai Food that Will Keep Me Coming Back”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

As you know, American Chinese food predominates and is the preferred "Asian" food. Vietnamese, Thai, Korean, Japanese, I don't go there at all. However, the positive reviews on TripAdvisor decided me to try this place out and I come away very happy with my decision. The food was good and I would say not a stretch if you prefer to stay in the American Chinese category. The meat was tender and lean and I loved the fried rice. The servers were attentive and welcoming. It's modest and dated but very clean. I will be going back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank pigletpuff
“Lovely Red Curry”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Lovely chicken red curry and versatile spice options which allowed my 3-year old to enjoy her first Pad Thai. Easy access to 4-10 and 281 interchange. Can't wait to try more.

Visited April 2014
“Yummy pad thai!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I've been here quite often and always get the chicken pad thai. Nice atmosphere and good service. I've never had a bad experience here although I don't stray from the menu. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Visited January 2014
“Great Thai Nearby”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We enjoy Thai food and I felt like a spicy curry so
I did a search for a Thai restaurant within 2 miles and voila! Bangkok 54 showed up on our Radar.
The weather was cold and there had been some ice on the roads so when we showed up at 11:30 and were
the first patrons to arrive I was a little doubtful.
No worries here. This is a warm and delightful place with friendly employees.
My BW likes Pad Thai and was so happy with her choice. The noodles were just perfect and the crushed peanut sauce was amazing.
I had the red curry with chicken. They have six levels
of hot at this place. # Three is rated hot for Americans,
and six is over the top for Thai citizens.
I went with a two for my curry and it was spicy enough. I could have handled a three, but the two level was good. There were generous amounts of sliced white meat chicken, red pepper, and assorted veggies in a tasty curry sauce.
They started out with the hot and sour soup which was OK. There's a pretty good spring roll added with the lunch. The soup of the day is included and it changes daily.
We later tried their takeaway service and were impressed with the Drunken noodles with beef and the
pineapple fried rice.
It looks as if we found a Thai food keeper.

• Visited January 2014