“Cool Treat”

Ranked #8 of 114 Dessert in San Antonio
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I wanted some ice cream after dinner. There were many places along the river, but I didn't want a chain. The place looked unique so I decided to give it a try. It was run down and dirty on the inside, but I was getting it to go so I didn't care. I got salted caramel in a waffle cone. The ice cream was soft and runny. It would have been better if it was more frozen. The ice cream was creamy and full of flavor. The waffle cone was not homemade and from a box. I would have passed on that and just got it in a cup if I would have known.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Went today while on a riverwalk tour. Owner was very nice and very generous with the samplings he gave us. Four scoops of ice cream! My favorite was the Lemonade Italian Ice. I also liked the Mango Sherbert for which they are famous for. Will definitely be back!

1  Thank VBC65
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Italian ice cream, served by Mexicans while listening to Indian music in San Antonio. But most importantly EXCELLENT ice cream. Try the Dipped Strawberry (very strawberry ice cream with slivers of dark chocolate). Unbelievably delicious.

2  Thank lillian b
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We tried this ice cream place while driving cross country. We were looking forward to getting some dessert after dinner on the riverwalk, but I didn't even finish my small gelato. Just meh. This was honestly just marginal ice cream; nothing special at all. They were out of many of the popular flavors. Go upstairs to Ben & Jerry's.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Ate here on a busy Friday night with three other adults. They serve a wide variety of gelatos and ice creams and the associated shakes, etc. Despite other complaints about cleanliness, I saw no evidence of unclean areas. The quality of the gelato was on a scale of other good gelato places we have enjoyed, and it was nice to sit and watch the crowds walk by from a small "oasis" on a hot evening. I would go again.

2  Thank Mohsman