“Great for History Lovers Too!” 5 of 5 bubbles

San Antonio Ghost Tour
Ranked #4 of 58 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sisters Grimm proudly presents two uniquely different tours that offer a mixture of San Antonio's culture, ghosts, history and food. (1) Nightly Ghost Tour: Meet your tour guides in front of the Alamo! They will take you through the streets of San Antonio and centuries past and tell you the grimm history of their ancestor's city. (2) Dinner & Ghost Tour: San Antonio's most talked about ghost tour! Join us inside one of America's most haunted hotels for an evening of frights and delights. This is one tour you do not want to miss!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great for History Lovers Too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My daughter loves everything haunted and signed us up for this tour. We got Allison as our tour guide and while she satisfied my teenager's love of ghostly stories, I loved the history I learned on this tour. Well worth taking, and San Antonio is wonderful to see at night!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My Ghost Adventures at The Menger Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was visiting my son and his family in San Antonio, TX and I thought it would be a great idea for me, my son, my daughter-in-law, her daughter, and my son's mother-in-law to attend the Ghost Tour Dinner at The Menger Hotel on my last night in San Antonio on Friday, August 9, 2013.

When we arrived for the dinner we stopped in the lobby so I could take some photos of the beautiful surroundings of the hotel. I happened to take one photo which was one of many that I took in the lobby. When I got home there seemed to be the outline of a man's face over the light on the table next to the cabinet (or my active imagination)! :)

Also, when I went back to the Hilton Palacio del Rio Hotel where I had been staying during my trip, I had the TV on until I realized I couldn't go to sleep with it still playing, so I turned it off before falling asleep. Around 3:00 a.m. in the morning I was awaken to the sound of the TV full blast. I am not sure why a ghost would come all the way back to the Hilton Hotel to watch TV, but I keep wondering how the TV was on when I specifically remember turning it off so I could go to sleep!

In any event, thank you for a wonderful experience, and I will definitely visit The Menger Hotel again so I can spend some more time enjoying your Southern hospitality and wonderful stories. In the meantime, I am very grateful that no one has followed me home to Abu Dhabi to turn on my TV in the middle of the night! :)

3 Thank esquirelady2003
Phoenix, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“If you can do ONE THING when you are in San Antonio...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Take this tour!! My husband and such a great time! Beyond the spooky stories, you gain a new appreciation for the city of San Antonio and the early Texas settlers. Allison was a great guide, and shared the "gruesome details" after the tour that she couldn't divulge to more sensitive participants. Wear comfortable shoes because there is a lot of walking. We actually spent the rest of the night and part of the next day going to back to the spots she pointed out to explore on our own. This tour helped me connect to the city on a level I never expected.

2 Thank TXAndrea
Northridge
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Ghost Busted”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The dinner was delicious and we enjoyed our table mates. Imagine the anticipation of visiting various sites where 'ghosts' and apparitions have been seen, and not being able to get in the doors! We didn't go expecting Caspar type visitors, but having to look through two sets of locked glass doors or down a block to a hotel wasn't worth the rather hefty price tag.

1 Thank Valerie B
Texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This tour was far superior to my previous "ghost tour" experience. James was a great guide! I appreciate that they only take a limited number of people, that he had a microphone, that he brought an ipad with pictures to augment his talks, and his dog was nice. I've been going to San Antonio my whole life, but now I have a couple of buildings to go back and visit--the governor's palace and the old cathedral. I learned a lot of history and the ghost stories were entertaining. Only problem was he walked and talked sometimes and the speaker was faced forward making it hard for all of following behind to hear him. Well worth the money. Make reservations. No bathrooms. Might want to bring some water.

Visited July 2013