“Nice”
Review of Capparelli's

Capparelli's
Ranked #610 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Description: If you're looking for an easy dinner out with the family, look no further than our Italian restaurant. Our family owned and operated restaurant has been serving up pizza and pasta for generations. We have something for everyone, even the kids! If you're throwing a party, let us cater your event! We can do everything from party trays to full-service catered events. Stop in today to check out our daily specials or call to place your takeout order!
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My sisters and I visited this restaurant and we were pleased. One of my sisters ordered the lasagna and did not like it. She then ordered something else in its place with no problems. The staff there were very friendly and the restaurant was clean. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Accidentally called a carry-out pizza in to this Garden Ridge location instead of their new Spring Branch location, but was pleasantly surprised to find that he pizza here was just as wonderful as we remembered it years ago. Wonderful crust, loaded with toppings, cheesy! Different from any other pizza in a really good way. We have eaten at the many other Capparelli's in the San Antonio area, and we find the pizza to be the best choice. Other entrees not so great. Definitely stick with the pizza (and maybe a glass of their reasonable wine)!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Today traveling on business I decided to go and eat at Capparelli's in Garden Ridge, TX it had been about a year since I had visited last and let me say it was very disappointing. I arrived at lunch time, was seated right however I noticed that the ceiling tiles were bulging out and water was leaking down to my table needless to say I was moved to another one. I ordered my favorite dish which is usually fettucini alfredo with chicken, mushrooms. Well after waiting a bit my meal came before my salad, bread!!!! When I finally started eating I noticed that I had no mushrooms and had to remind the waiter that I had ordered it with mushrooms!!! The fettucini was overcooked, the chicken was ok and sauce was so watery that it just turned me off and the salad was warm, seemed old and as for the awesome garlic bread that I have had in the past this time it was cold and not very appealing to eat....needless to say I will not be going back for a long time or ever again!!! The only good thing about it is that the waiter said he understood my concerns about the ceiling tiles, food and apoligized for the food and said he would bring it up to his mgnt. and said the meal was on them and apoligized again. It's ashame the place isn't the same anymore....they really need some mgnt. support at this location because the place was a mess today!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

We live in the neighborhood and have eaten here for ages. They have lost us permanently. We won't be back after tonight's take-out. My meal was cold, and the Eggplant Parmesan had three teeny slices of eggplant, 1/4" thick, the largest measuring 2 by 2.5". The spaghetti was about half what used to be served at the same price. My husband's meal, though hot, was also greatly reduced in proportion size and truly, just not that good. I don't know if they have tried to hold prices by reducing serving size, considerably, or what, but charge a ltitle more for heavens sake! Don't give us something that is both insultingly small in comparison to previous meals, and inferior in quality as well. This place is off the beaten path. You depend on Garden Ridge neighborhoods for your existence, and if you continue along this vein, you will lose every single one of us. I'd just as soon buy something frozen from Costco than do this again and feel cheated. A friend visited several months ago for the afternoon from Lavernia. She was wondering what to do for dinner and I suggested stopping by your place. Evidently you have a restaurant near her that is so bad she wouldn't think of it. I was surprised, but think now I know exactly what she was talking about. It just took the reduced quality longer to reach us. Too bad.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Every time we visit family in Texas we attempt to eat at what has come to be a must have pizza and misc. Italian eatery for us. This particular Capparelli's is two miles NW of I-35 on FM 3009 at the intersection of 2252 in a small complex nestled next to a gas station. Our son/daughter and friends love their cheese pizza that comes with a thick pan-like crust and mounds of cheese. Unless they are ravenously hungry, there's a doggy box with more savory pizza to eat the next day. I'll usually get their meatballs in a boat (get two for lunch and three for dinner), similar huge meatballs that they put on their spaghetti and meatballs entree, but in a boat covered with just enough sauce and cheese to make it a fairly low carb dish. Our grand daughter has come to enjoy the meatball as well, so she'll ask for a single meatball which they readily accommodate. My wife has ordered the eggplant parmigiana in the past, but the last time she ordered it, she reported it wasn't quite up to par. The rest of the Texas clan get different dishes as they eat their a few times a month, but they keep coming back for reliably decent Italian food at a reasonable price with typically attentive service. We go for the tasty pizza, but you may just discover your own favorites over time. This is a one of a family-owned chain with their other locations reviewed on Trip Advisor and situated around the great San Antonio area.