“Great local joint”

Cuisines: Mexican
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Great local joint”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I have only done breakfast here, but I go every time I am in San Antonio. Fresh, hot and fast. Flour tortillas are awesome. The daily specials are worth enjoying. The portions are huge, so don't let the prices lull you into over ordering. I typically get the migas, which I love. Friends love the huevos rancheros and breakfast tacos. Haven't seen a plate go back with food on it ever!

Visited May 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“O M G Yum”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Although I am in my 50's and not hip or cool, I do wish to use OMG to describe this wonderful little restaurant. I usually get the rancheros plate with barbacoa without the salsa. It comes with 3 piping hot fresh corn tortillas, not homemade to my knowledge but just almost as good. Always very fresh. The eggs are always cooked to order, and the barbacoa is to die for (again I am being noticeably youngish). Perhaps this is the notorious fountain of youth....hadn't really realized it till now. Hmmm. Well if the food isn't the fountain of youth, it definitely is just wonderful. The plate comes with refried beans which are great too. We have never gotten anything that we didn't think was above average at the least. My poor hubby is a fan of menudo. Luckily they evidently have delicious menudo (not that you would ever find me trying it due to being against my political affiliations) jk-again with the youth speech. I have noticed every time we go, many people have huge bowls of the menudo with all the sides. As I said, the place is tiny, it’s not at all fancy but it is one heck of a good meal at a great price and will make you feel younger just waiting for a table. The waitresses must eat the same food cuz they are all pleasant, youthful and great at what they do. Be ready to wait because people all over are beginning to hear about this secret wonder. Yum. Catarina is my favorite server.

• Visited August 2011