Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #64 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I always enjoy staying at Home wood suites, and this time was no different. We stayed for one night in a very nice 2 bed suite with a fireplace. What I like about this place is that it is like a home away from home, and with a large family like ours, you can typically be accommodated to sleep more than the standard four persons. The ability to cook saves money over dining out. The only disappointment with our stay in this case was that it was on a Friday night, and they don't have hospitality night on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was an amazing hotel for the price & the staff was awesome! Everyone we encountered was very pleasant and all smiles. The suite was very large and the kitchen portion was very nice and had everything that we needed. The breakfast was very good and had a great variety of stuff to choose from. The kids loved every minute of staying at this hotel. Would recommend to anyone looking for a hotel in San Antonio & we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Clean hotel! Clean rooms, clean bathrooms! Came with a group of students last year and even students were asking for this hotel again. Staff very accommodating. Felt like home. Adults were also very satisfied. They said they would stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The hotel staff are extremely helpful and polite. They are very welcoming. The hotel is clean and tidy. It just needs some updating. The suites are spacious but I would recommend including ovens for the ability to bake items bought at the grocery store.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a pretty nice place. The rooms are large enough and having the full kitchen (with almost everything you need to cook included). Bed was great, got 2 good nights of sleep. The downsides were a couch that was as hard as a rock, being able to hear all of the noises from the neighbor's bathroom, and if you didn't get to the breakfast early, then don't bother. We went to a nearby restaurant both mornings for breakfast. It is really convenient to SeaWorld, and has shopping just a couple of blocks away. Rooms are clean, the hotel lobby is nice too.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Our experience staying here was wonderful in every way. The staff was great - very helpful and friendly and went above and beyond. Check in was quick and easy. The room was beautiful. The kitchen had everything we could have ever needed and was very clean. The entire room was spotless and the beds were the most comfortable we have ever had in a hotel (even in much pricier hotels). The cost was very reasonable (in fact, pretty cheap for the quality of the room). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had the good fortune of having a colleague book my room during a business trip to San Antonio at the Homewood Suites Northwest location. I say this because I didn't even know where I was staying upon arriving at the airport, and when we got to the hotel my room was simply amazing. I've paid 2-3 times as much for smaller, cramped rooms at inconvenient hotels. After spending a week here, I'm all smiles.

First off, it's not a room. It's a suite! I got a rather large bedroom, full bathroom, hallway with closet, living room and a fully supplied kitchen. Not only was the room well appointed, but I simply found myself trying to figure out what to do with so much space! Like I said, I'm accustomed to travelling for business and having a small desk crammed up next to a bed with perhaps a chair nearby (which typically has my suitcase on it!) But here I found myself comfortable lounging in the living room watching TV, or sitting at the dinner table with my laptop going over work details, or retiring to the bedroom where I typically fell asleep with the TV on. Oh, and did I mention the ceiling fan in the bedroom? It felt like I was at home!

During the evenings, the lounge area near the lobby served beer (Miller Light on tap) and wine (Carafe's of white, red and blush) and provided a nice area to relax and talk with colleagues near a comfortable fireplace and large TV. They also provided a dinner buffet free of charge! Nothing too fancy, but it was nice to have an option instead of going out looking for food.

During the mornings, this same location served breakfast (no beer or wine at that time :p) along with coffee machines that stayed on 24 hours a day.

Location wise, it is a bit out of the way if your intention is to enjoy the downtown area near the Alamo or Riverwalk. But you'll pay a LOT more to stay at a hotel there! Instead, save some money and stay here, then pay the $10 for a parking spot when you want to go down town.

Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay and will most definitely stay here again the next time I'm in San Antonio!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business