“Trip to San Antonio”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #65 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Mansfield, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel was excellent in all aspects of a stay. Whenever I travel to this area of San Antonio, the La Quinta Airport is my prefer choice. The rooms are comfortable and spacious while the hotel is located close to many restaurants and, of course, the airport. This is a busy hotel so one needs to plan ahead for accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times on our way out of town via San Antonio Airport. This is a very clean Hotel with the best Beds for a good nights sleep. The Hotel staff are always very helpful and accommodating. The van drivers are always courteous when transporting us to the local restaurants and malls. We highly recommend this Hotel to anyone traveling thru San Antonio.

Laredo, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 7, 2013

For whatever reason, some guests at this hotel do not obey the "NO SMOKING" rules. On more than just a few occasions, my wife and I have arrived (many times late evening) only to find that our room had a bad odor of smoke and that there was no other room to move to. We have started to travel with a small bag that has air fresheners in it for that reason.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Karnes City, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 1, 2013

2  Thank A La Quinta traveler
McAllen, Texas, USA
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Nice hotel, excellent service, good location, near to everything in San Antonio.
Didn't have time to try amenities this time , but I have had the opportunity before and
It's worth the price. This is not my first time in this location and the reason why I comeback
Is because I like the way my family and me are happy to stay at la Quinta in this location.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at La Quinta at the airport as it was fairly close to my son's apartment. He is in the Navy and is attending school at Fort Sam Houston. The hotel was very clean and the people were very friendly. The only down side I found was the confusing roadways, and this was of no fault of the hotel of course. Driving from the airport, which is only a few miles from the hotel, took over 40 minutes...the one way streets and on and off ramps for the interstate make getting there very difficult. But once we figured out the roads we enjoyed our stay very much. The kids LOVED the pool and the breakfast was great, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I guess one more thing I found frustrating was the snack vending machines were empty, so if you wanted snacks you had to go down to the front desk to buy them...we chose not to. And the laundry room was in need of repair. A large hotel with only two washers, (only one was working) and two dryers make a long stay a little frustrating having to wait. And the soap vending machine was broken so again having to go all the way to the front desk to buy soap made doing laundry an extra chore. But these little things did not really take away from our trip to San Antonio. I will hopefully be visiting my son again soon and will more likely than not stay at La Quinta again (now that I know how to get there) :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J2809FEmelissal
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Should have taken the warning signs when we first walked in. The hotel looked ok on the outside, even though its located right next to a liquor store and a Walmart. The walls needed some repair and duck tape was patching something on the floor behind the counter. I hate writing bad reviews about military friendly places, but this hotel is flat out dirty. The stairwell was carpeted and covered in stains. The hallways were equally worn and stained. The room was unclean and made us feel gross. We almost left but were too exhausted so instead fled the next morning. Trust us, we stay at a lot of places, if you're in San Antonio, go to a Drury hotel instead.

• Stayed: August 2013