“Trip to visit my son”

Ranked #62 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Nucla, CO
“Trip to visit my son”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at La Quinta at the airport as it was fairly close to my son's apartment. He is in the Navy and is attending school at Fort Sam Houston. The hotel was very clean and the people were very friendly. The only down side I found was the confusing roadways, and this was of no fault of the hotel of course. Driving from the airport, which is only a few miles from the hotel, took over 40 minutes...the one way streets and on and off ramps for the interstate make getting there very difficult. But once we figured out the roads we enjoyed our stay very much. The kids LOVED the pool and the breakfast was great, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I guess one more thing I found frustrating was the snack vending machines were empty, so if you wanted snacks you had to go down to the front desk to buy them...we chose not to. And the laundry room was in need of repair. A large hotel with only two washers, (only one was working) and two dryers make a long stay a little frustrating having to wait. And the soap vending machine was broken so again having to go all the way to the front desk to buy soap made doing laundry an extra chore. But these little things did not really take away from our trip to San Antonio. I will hopefully be visiting my son again soon and will more likely than not stay at La Quinta again (now that I know how to get there) :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank J2809FEmelissal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Should have taken the warning signs when we first walked in. The hotel looked ok on the outside, even though its located right next to a liquor store and a Walmart. The walls needed some repair and duck tape was patching something on the floor behind the counter. I hate writing bad reviews about military friendly places, but this hotel is flat out dirty. The stairwell was carpeted and covered in stains. The hallways were equally worn and stained. The room was unclean and made us feel gross. We almost left but were too exhausted so instead fled the next morning. Trust us, we stay at a lot of places, if you're in San Antonio, go to a Drury hotel instead.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank bgandshay
Reviewed July 23, 2013

In San Antonio for a convention and family mini-vacation, we planned to stay at this La Quinta for 4 nights after receiving a very competitive rate. The stay, however was disappointing and we checked out a day early. The first night, we were placed in a very small room with multiple problems - poor air conditioning, very slow drain in the bathroom, uncomfortable full size beds, broken extra door lock, loud and noisy mini fridge, noisy area directly across from the elevator, dated décor. The next day, we were upgraded to a king suite, but we still felt the bed and sofa bed were well worn and uncomfortable and the air conditioning was less than adequate. The breakfast was very limited and the serving area crowded. The best thing about the hotel, however, was the staff. They were very friendly and did try to help and accommodate out needs. My wife had stayed at this hotel before, but the atmosphere has changed and the hotel needs to be updated.

1 Thank rjlit
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. Everything was excellect and clean beyond expectations. The breakfast is delicious and extensive and the shuttle picks up and lets off anytime, anywhere. I would definitely recommend this hotel when staying in San Antonio, Texas.

Cedar Park, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here from July 4th through the 7th. We booked it because all of the rooms downtown were super high due to a Lutheran Convention being in SA for the week with over 50k kids! After getting there, I am glad we did! Great location, and only 10 minutes from Downtown/Riverwalk area. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did have an issue with the charges however. Upon check-in, I gave them a different CC to charge the room. The following day, my bank notified me that they had charged my card for the reservation, and my girlfriends card. I went to the FD and they had me come back later in the afternoon so that the mgr could handle it as they were unable to. So, I waited and finally spoke with Alicia who was outstanding! She went above and beyond and contacted my bank, faxed them a letter stating that it was their mistake and my bank released the funds for me. All in all, it was a great stay. Room was clean and spacious (we got a corner suite). Hotel was packed with all the kids in town so breakfast was a madhouse, but that was to be expected. We will definitely stay here again next time we visit SA if the rates in down town are too high again!

1 Thank Jody V
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 1, 2013

It is a very nice and clean hotel. It has a beautiful pool and I like to rest there every afternoon. The breakfast was very good and I love the hotcakes.
It is useful to have a shuttle that will take you to the mall and the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo