“Great Place for the $$$”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #53 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Cedar Park, Texas, United States
“Great Place for the $$$”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here from July 4th through the 7th. We booked it because all of the rooms downtown were super high due to a Lutheran Convention being in SA for the week with over 50k kids! After getting there, I am glad we did! Great location, and only 10 minutes from Downtown/Riverwalk area. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did have an issue with the charges however. Upon check-in, I gave them a different CC to charge the room. The following day, my bank notified me that they had charged my card for the reservation, and my girlfriends card. I went to the FD and they had me come back later in the afternoon so that the mgr could handle it as they were unable to. So, I waited and finally spoke with Alicia who was outstanding! She went above and beyond and contacted my bank, faxed them a letter stating that it was their mistake and my bank released the funds for me. All in all, it was a great stay. Room was clean and spacious (we got a corner suite). Hotel was packed with all the kids in town so breakfast was a madhouse, but that was to be expected. We will definitely stay here again next time we visit SA if the rates in down town are too high again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jody V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 1, 2013

It is a very nice and clean hotel. It has a beautiful pool and I like to rest there every afternoon. The breakfast was very good and I love the hotcakes.
It is useful to have a shuttle that will take you to the mall and the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Kingsville, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great place to stay with great employees!
As always we were treated with the utmost efficiency and compassion.
Thank you to ALL the staff at this La Quinta!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Youngtown, Arizona
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I went to San Antonio to visit my daughter who is based at Fort Sam Houston. Since I was staying some of the nights in SAT by myself I did not want to stay in any of the cheaper hotels by the base. I was there over Easter weekend and the hotel was very full. The front desk staff was very helpful with both directions and ideas for places for dinner, and when I accidentally locked my keys inside my suitcase (maintenance has bolt cutters and was quick to respond to cut the lock off). My room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Not too hard and not too soft. Now I booked through a Priceline Express deal (I choose stars and area they choose hotel) and I paid about half of what their normal nightly rate was. For the price I paid this was a great hotel. I might have been less satisfied had I paid over $100.00 a night, however. Despite the hotel being full we always had more than enough to eat at breakfast, and since my sailor daughter was taking full advantage of being able to sleep in, in a bed that was a 1000 times better than the barracks we got there only about a half hour before it was ending each day. They had waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, milk, juices, coffee and tea.
At night time the rooms were absolutely quiet and our window looked out at the interchanges of 2 interstates. My daughter commented on how much quieter the room was than one she had stayed in a few weeks prior at a much higher end hotel in San Antonio when her fiancé had come to visit. The pool was still cold, since it was Easter weekend, but the Jacuzzi was perfect.
This is not a high end hotel, but it is not a motel, either. It fits the bill for a comfortable, clean (if older) hotel that, if you book on a special, is a great deal. I would stay again, just for the quietness of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff if I could get a good deal pricewise. (I have discovered through my daughter and other mom's who visit their kids on base that San Antonio is NOT an inexpensive town for hotels and the cheap ones are DISGUSTING. So even if I had to pay almost full price, the quietness of the rooms and the fact that I felt safe staying there as a single female occupant would tip me towards staying here again.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was my second stay for business and the first time was okay, well the second time was worse. My room had flyers that was tossed under my doorway. Clearly the room was not checked before my arrival. The overwhelming smell was very unpleasant. The bathroom had bugs in it and the carpet had not been vacuumed. As it was very late when arrived and too tired to do anything about it. I left the next morning to hope that my room would have a different smell along with being cleaned. I came back to have it freshly cleaned so the smell was masked. The bathroom was dirty still and clearly not cleaned. After working and eating the smell started to return....I will not be a returning customer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business