“Family Trip”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #58 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We loved the location of this hotel and their breakfast was plentiful. I took my nephews on vacations to sea world and the pool they loved it too. location was great, near North Star Mall (Blocks away, we walked to it too). I would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at the La Quinta for our sons graduation from Lackland AFB 1-24-13. Very clean room the beds were comfortable and the staff is Very friendly ( special thanks to Megan who was so helpful and friendly ). The property condition was very nice and well maintained free breakfast bar was great lots to choose from, room service is also very good. I feel these people really go out of their way to make your stay a great experience. There are many stores and restaurants close by, we ate a 2 very nice places , Marthas and Pappadeaux the food was awesome so you may want to give them a try and they are very close to the La Quinta. It's a straight shot to the Base about 18 miles to the main gate does not take long to get there the only slow down is once turn off to Valley Hi. We stayed for 4 nights and WILL stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

A last minute trip to San Antonio and we were fortunate that the airport La quinta had a room. The room was cleaner than our last stay but the hallways and other public areas need some updating..carpet coming up.
Just an FYI for those flying out...this hotel started charging us $20 to park our car when we stayed the night with them before flying out ..I called around to other nearby hotels and non of the others are doing this. I booked the Courtyard by MArriott for our trip out in Feb.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
McAllen, Texas, USA
Reviewed January 27, 2013

was fun weekend even for one nite.... i saw a great stay....would come back ...nice view ..very safe...nice people , staff was good ...very helpful...would say u got to stay at a quinta , very quiet , love the food , room was clean and very nice bed ,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had an opportunity to visit the La Quinta Inn and Suites San Antonio Airport on January 8, 2013. I was very pleased with the accommodations, the cleanliness of the room, the quality of sleep, and the service. When I arrived, they had directions and traffic information to Chacho's. I stayed in Room 741 and had a great view of the highway and cars passing by as well as I had a great eye on my car. It was raining at night and I had no idea being so high up in the air. I am rating this stay with excellent but have some suggestions for making the place less sterile and having the feel of a hospital. Some paint upgrades are needed as well as possibly changing some floors. The hotel was very clean but was "TOO WHITE" for me making me feel like I was in a hospital. Before checking out, I went down to have breakfast. NOT TOO MANY CHOICES, they need to consider acquiring some hot items like Eggs and maybe some type of breakfast meat. It seems to be the move of Limited Service hotels, HOT BREAKFAST seems to be the new Continental Breakfast.

Room Tip: Always ask them for other options.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I recently stayed at this Hotel on 1/22/2013 and was surprized it only has a 2.5 star rating. This is a 3.5 star hotel for friendly staff, property condition and value. My room was clean and very well maintained as were the common areas in this hotel. The hotel was also very easy to find when leaving the airport.

Room Tip: Pick a top floor room on the west end of the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a very good experience after staying a few times in this hotel. It is easily accessible from 2 major highways and the airport, and located about 10 minutes away from downtown. Service was friendly and responsive. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and include microwave plus a small fridge in addition to LCD TVs. The free breakfast was sufficient, but if you are looking for scramble eggs and sausages, you wont find them here. However, they do have boiled eggs, bagels cream cheese, freshly made waffles etc. Good coffee too :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple