“Good buy.”

Ranked #119 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Eads, Tennessee
“Good buy.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is not the newest, but it was very clean and offered many amenities. We had a ground floor suite that served our purposes well. The staff was excellent and with the full breakfast and evening meal offerings you are well taken care of. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Early check-in, no problem, access to computers and free printing, check, decent hot breakfast, check, evening appetizers and 3 free drinks, awesome! Had never tried a Drury Hotel before and I was impressed. The staff was all very friendly, amenitites modern and clean, hotel was quiet and in a convenient location. Everything I needed for my trip and more.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We gathered at this hotel for a family funeral - selected by some one else. We were very pleased with it. The entire staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. It's not in a scenic spot but the location was perfect and we enjoyed the pool across the parking lot. The staff was repeatedly so friendly, kind and helpful that I just can't say it enough times. I was delighted. The room was good, clean and comfortable. For an older hotel, it's a good one with a reasonable price point.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WI
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We chose this hotel because they were pet friendly and most of the reviews were positive,its always a good find when pet friendly and comfortable go hand & hand! Check in was very friendly and informative, we were exhausted from traveling and the traffic and just wanted to relax and not have to drive anywhere, the free cocktails and dinner were just what we needed! The food was good and great variety both dinner and breakfast! our room was clean comfortable and large being a 2 room suite. I always appreciate the in room coffee and mini fridge.We felt safe here and the parking lot as well no problem. The only downside was we got put on the 4th floor with 2 lil dogs that is inconvenient but we made due. Also a warning to others with pets, there is very little grass for dog walking,mine are tiny so we did okay, wasnt ideal and could be problematic for some.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WiAng
pflugerville
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here for the first time per the recommendation of a coworker. We travel with both of my son’s club soccer team. I have never stayed here at this hotel till now. First off the price was way cheaper then any suitable hotel of our choice. When we first walked in I was greeted right away and helped out fast and so friendly. It smelled good at that. I was shocked to find out how much food was served all for free. We checked in and had plenty of towels and the room was perfectly clean. The crib was waiting for us with an extra blanket and pillow as we requested. One of the other families was staying in a 2 bedroom, so we asked to be upgraded the next day and she was happy to do it with no problem a course I paid the difference. The breakfast was great and then to top it off we had snacks during the day and free dinner at night with free drinks! I was so pleased on how well the staff treated our team and clean the hotel was and how much we saved by staying here I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms were good from what I could see and from other team parents.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jasmeenf
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Be keenly aware that if you stay at a Drury Inn in SanAntonio, Tx. the chances are good that your car will be broken into. The Inn provides absolutly no security, but rather places a card in the room advising you to remove valuables. Perhaps a security guard or cameras would prove to provide a more secure feeling than the in room card!

Room Tip: My tip: choose another hotel!!
Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northeast, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your visit to our Drury Inn & Suites Northeast location. We do provide a security officer at this location from 10pm until 6am daily in our parking lot. The notice that is posted in our guest room was provided to us by the local City of Windcrest police department to help remind our guest to remove their valuables from their parked vehicles. We want to help eliminate any unfortunate incidents thru this reminder. The security of our guests is something we take very seriously and we try to take all precautions to help ensure that our guests enjoy a problem free visit. Your comments will be pass along to the director of security for consideration. We do hope that you enjoyed your stay while visiting our hotel and hope that you will give us a try again in the future.

Gail Mapus
Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northeast
Southern US State
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our Texas "2nd Home" Hotelier keeps us comin' back!

Once again, the Drury Inn and Suites chain was host to our needs for a good, safe, comfortable "2nd Home" location while enjoying time away from Home. And, in usual fashion, the Drury didn't let us down. This is, I shall say, once again one of those instances where I wish I could give half-stars, because it would be more like 3.5 (*** 1/2) stars!

Although a wee bit confusing with all the driveways in the area, we were able to get right on in and registered in no-time at all. Ok, so the area isn't very "pretty", with what you might agree with as a lack of "greenery", but greenery is becoming harder and harder to find just about anywhere - with explosive growth and lack of sufficient rain. Par-for-the-course. Parking is ample - and even though it was relatively busy, we always managed to find a spot out front of the main traffic area. We quickly noticed a greater-than-usual Police drive-through presence in the area, which kind of drew some concern. So, in respectful fashion, I stopped one of the "driving-through" officers and asked him about that, and he explained that their presence was in a Pro-Active position, to notice valuables in plain-view, and to actually notify the hotel to have guests who have left valuables in this way to come down and better secure their belongings. History around this area precluded that, and I can't complain with Law Enforcement's response. For the record, for our one night, there were no issues!

Quickly, a bit more about the outside area: Marie Callendars has a restaurant feet from the hotel, and across the parking lot is a strip mall with Ross, PetSmart, Office Max, and a couple other stores to help with incidentals or those with that sudden urge to just have to buy something! The rest of the area is mostly residential, however, there is a Home Depot across the road as well. You're right off of 35, with EASY access to the 410. You're there, or there, or THERE in no time at all!

We were very pleasantly greeted (as ALL Drury's do when we arrive), and offered a pleasant room almost exactly where my pre-arrival request had been made to. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and I was even able to sleep the night in the fully reclining chair (yes, I sacrificed for the wife and daughter, so each of them could have their own bed). The TV worked fine, the AC did its job, the bathroom was clean and appointed as needed with plenty of towels and toiletries. Honestly, I could not find something that didn't work or didn't meet our needs. Pretty good wireless internet, and a small, yet sufficient, work-out room to allow for those calories you're about to take in!

You see, we're not folks that demand a lot from our hotel - just a good, clean, safe and comfortable place to stay for however long the stop is. But what we do recognize, is that our room is simply meant for a few short hours, because we're ready to get out and get busy! Not to stay all day in the room.

Of course, I definitely won't forget about the tremendous spread of INCLUDED breakfast offerings in the morning, nor will I keep it a secret about the 5:30 Kickback. Hot dogs, baked potatoes, salad, carrots/celery, chips, pretzels, nachos, salsa, sodas and popcorn - ALL INCLUDED! Ok, and I know you'll want to know this - 3 FREE alcoholic drinks per adult - PER night! For us, it's a non-issue, as none of us drink alcohol. But, it's ALL INCLUDED!

So long as we keep having these positive stays with Drury, we're hooked! We've got 2 more stays already booked with Drury - November and December. Can't wait! And neither should you!

Safe Travels!

Room Tip: I need to continuously smell that POPCORN popping smell...so, being upfront by the lobby is essentia...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family