The Hampton San Antonio downtown is a relatively old Hampton Inn. The rooms small and the bathrooms are tiny. Room decoration seems rather dated and the climate control is noisy. The rates at this hotel seem to swing quite a bit. The lobby is small but comfortable. They provide cookies in the evening. Check in was efficient and friendly. The rooms have limited desk space, free internet, and acceptably decorated. The beds were comfortable. The room has nice flat screen TV's. The great thing about this location (when the price is reasonable) is that you get free parking. that is very unusual in downtown San Antonio. Climate Control is acceptable and you can leave the blower motor on for white noise.
The only negative of the room was that the curtains did not do a sufficient job of blocking light out of the rooms.
They have a small . The "business center" is a bit weak with only one PC and printer in the lobby, but there never seemed to be a horrible wait. The pool looked typical for a small limited service hotel.
The included breakfast in the morning is typical Hampton. Cut fruit, pastries, "hockey puck" eggs or omelets biscuits, sausage, juice, milk, and coffee. They also have the typical Hampton Grab and Go bags. (Muffin, water, fruit, and cereal bar.)
You have all of the dining and entertainment options of the San Antonio Riverwalk a safe five minute walk away! When the prices are reasonable this is a great option. Otherwise I would consider the Residence Inn across the street for a nicer room and amenities. (though you pay for parking)
I choose to stay here so I can go running on the extended parts of the riverwalk as well as enjoy walking on the riverwalk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 2 blocks from the River Walk, Rivercenter Mall,and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Around the corner from the Alamo, the Hampton Inn San Antonio-Downtown (River Walk Area) is ten minutes from the San Antonio International Airport. Settle into a comfortable guest room with thoughtful amenities for work and relaxation. Enjoy free high-speed internet access, type away on the handy lap desk or curl up in front of the in-room TV. Start the day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast served daily from 6a to 10a. Stay connected on the lobby computer with free high-speed internet, fax and photocopying. Enjoy a workout in the fitness center or swim in the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn San Antonio Downtown (River Walk) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn San Antonio Downtown (River Walk) Hotel San Antonio
- Hampton Inn Downtown San Antonio
- San Antonio Hampton Inn