Stayed here on airline points based on fairly good reviews. The location was convenient. We walked to The Alamo and River Walk. The room was nothing special. Carpet was a little sticky. Shower rod sagged and curtain wouldn't stay closed. Parking anywhere on property was $15 + taxes. We avoided parking fees elsewhere by walking. Check in was 4:00 PM and front desk would not accept an early check-in. They did allow us to pre-check-in and gave us our parking pass a couple hours early which helped. Parked inside the gate once we got our room keys. The place was totally packed at breakfast but there was plenty on the continental buffet. Will probably look at other options next time, but would not rule out staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 2 blocks from the River Walk, Rivercenter Mall,and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Around the corner from the Alamo, the Hampton Inn San Antonio-Downtown (River Walk Area) is ten minutes from the San Antonio International Airport. Settle into a comfortable guest room with thoughtful amenities for work and relaxation. Enjoy free high-speed internet access, type away on the handy lap desk or curl up in front of the in-room TV. Start the day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast served daily from 6a to 10a. Stay connected on the lobby computer with free high-speed internet, fax and photocopying. Enjoy a workout in the fitness center or swim in the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Hampton Inn San Antonio Downtown (River Walk) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn San Antonio Downtown (River Walk) Hotel San Antonio
- Hampton Inn Downtown San Antonio
- San Antonio Hampton Inn