Hampton Inn San Antonio Downtown (River Walk)
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,056 results
All reviewsriver walkgated parkingwithin walking distanceconvention centershort walkrivercenter mallthree blocksriverwalk areaclean roomswafflesfree breakfasttwo blocksper nightwould stay here againalamodowntownfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here for only one night and not impressed with the beat up, small room that had highway noise . I paid about $130 with the parking fee and this was with a AARP discount so I expected more. This hotel was dwarfed by the newer high rise hotels that abound in the Riverwalk area. It's location was soso and I disliked walking back after dinner in the dark for a few blocks.
The breakfast was subpar for Hampton Inn, front desk was competent but unfriendly...really no reason to ever rec this place even though they did let me park in their lot hours before check in.
I would book elsewhere in the 8 block radius, even paying a few bucks more and have a classier stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Curt J
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Check in was quick and smooth. One thing that I was not aware of when I booked the hotel there is a $15 a night parking fee so keep that in mind if you are having an extended stay. There was fresh coffee, ice water, and chocolate chip cookies waiting in the lobby. And when I told the desk clerk I needed a roll away bed we had it before we had a chance to open our bags once in the room. Breakfast is served till 10 every morning and its quite a spread. Along with the normal breakfast fare cereal, bagels, and you gut, there was also fresh fruit hard boiled eggs, waffle station and two hot items scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, and hot spiced potatoes. Everything was wonderful except the eggs were rubbery and just not very good. But hey it's free. We were in a single queen bed room and there was plenty of space for an additional bed. The bathroom was a little larger than I expected not huge but bigger then normal. The place was quiet all weekend except for the Sunday we were to check out. We had an adjoining room and sound traveled quite well when our neighbors were moving out at the end of their stay. The location is good a very short walk to the river center mall and if you got tired of walking by the end of the night only a $7 cab ride back from the riverwalk. All in all a great hotel clean quiet, courteous, and speedy staff. Iw ill stay here again if I get the chance

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Justin W
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great location but the hotel is a little older. Parts of the restroom were not functioning properly, and they were a bit understaffed. The breakfast selection was mediocre but it was probably because they're were tons of guests that morning

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank maylee32
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night business travel and the hotel is fine, but I am sure there are better properties. Hampton Inn also charges $15/parking on this property which I have not seen before from them (especially when there seemed to be ample parking). When I arrived to my room, the tv was no working (wasn't plugged in) and the fitted sheet for the bed would not stay completely on because it was too small. Overall though it was a comfortable stay and the breakfast is better than most places i have stayed at in the past. It also is the right price (free). The best part about this hotel is the location as it is just a couple blocks away from the Riverwalk and The Alamo.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights, our first trip to San Antonio. We're a family, two adults and two teens and stayed in one room. Must say the first impression of the property is that it's an older property, refurbished in an attempt to give it some polish. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's location right next to the highway concerned me however (couldn't see how close it was to the road when I looked on the map before booking) mainly because of noise. This did not turn out to be a problem however, because our room was away from the highway and we kept our fan on to drown out road sounds.

There are several really nice things about this hotel. First, there is tea/coffee and drinking water in nice dispensers mixed with oranges and lemons available at no charge in the lobby at all times. It is very pleasant to come in and have a drink. Second, there is a free breakfast. There were waffles, cold cereal, hot oatmeal, and some egg options. Also breads, bagels, muffins. It was institutional quality food but it's all we needed to get our day started. The location on the highway turned out to be an advantage because we went on some sightseeing trips out of the city and getting back to the hotel was so easy. The rooms are on the small side, must say. And I can't say the beds were great. The place is definitely due for some new mattresses. We've had much better beds elsewhere. However, the ease of parking (secure parking in a locked lot for $15+tax, the location just a 5+ minute stroll the Riverwalk and basically next door to the Alamo, the access to the highway, the free drinks, and the breakfast all were definitely plusses. In SA we enjoyed our visit to the old Missions and the trip to the LBJ ranch in Hill Country was great (if you have a car).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the highway and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family