Hilton San Antonio Hill Country
$119
$263
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
Hotels.com
$240
$206
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$153
Travelocity
1,710 results
All reviewssea worldmake smoreshill countryoutdoor moviethe executive loungekiddie poolking suiteshuttle servicefree shuttlefamily vacationpitsseaworldtomsproximitytexasriverwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I was overall very impressed with this property. If you're going to Sea World, the location can't be beat. However, it's a good 20 minutes from SAT and probably even further to downtown.

The room was excellent. Very clean, spacious, modern (including LCD TV), and the beds were fantastic. About the only complaint was the shower, which had a very slow drain.

The hotel has plenty of amenities, including a great pool area, and nice business center. No free breakfast or free wifi here, however. There is a shuttle that runs to Sea World.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2010

hotel is very clean and updated. beds are very comfortable. the only thing i would thing i did not like was no breakfast. for the rates breakfast should be included in your stay. My husband and I stayed one night and room was very comfortable. when u ck on rooms they have standard room and a delux room. I would reacommend the deluxed has more room to move about. spa was nice i had a facial massage and the tech was wonderful
all and all not a bad place to stay. Pools are wonderful and heated

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton Hill Country Hotel and Spa. It was fantastic! There were 5 of us total: me, my husband, 2 yo daughter, and the grandparents. We got connecting rooms that shared a living room with a large balcony, so we never felt crowded and my daughter had plenty of room to play. It was just across the street from Sea World and only about a 15 minute drive to downtown. The hotel was beautiful and a great place for families. The grounds were kept to match the hill country style with four huge stone fire pits that they light off each night for the kids to make smores. They play a family movie each night outdoors in the courtyard (and indoors in one of the ballrooms on rainy days). They had a playground, three pools, and a hot tub. The adult pool was heated, the children's pool was a lagoon style pool with zero entry, and there was also a lap pool. The hotel offered mid-day and afternoon kids activities on the weekends with face painting, kiddie manicures, and family movies on the big screen in the ballroom. The rooms were clean, the bed was soft and comfortable, and the bathrooms were very roomy. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was good and the room service menu had alot to offer, including a $15 special for a large pizza and 4 drinks. I didn't get a chance to try the spa, but I did meet another woman who did and she said it was great. We had a wonderful experience and would definitely stay again on our next trip to San Antonio.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I was so nervous to stay here after reading alot of the reviews. I had booked the hotel before I came here to read reviews. I was so close to canceling but have never had an issue with Hilton before, so we decided to stick it out and see what the fuss was about. I feel like we stayed at a completely different hotel than alot of these other reviewers. We stayed in a King suite with a sleeper sofa and the room was really nice. I didn't see stains anywhere or have a "dirty" bed or bathroom. The room was really clean and the landscaping outside were well kept. The bar service was great and they gave great recommendations on the wine. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We did have to serve ourselves the drinks cause we couldn't get a waiter to come, but wasn't a huge deal. We got free breakfast vouchers cause when we arrived they tried to put us in a different room than what we booked but we refused to switch. We hoped for a courtyard view, but only got the parking lot. No biggie though. I realize we can't get everything we want. At night they play kids movies on a giant wall out in the courtyard. There are a bunch of fire pits spread out and you can cook smores while you watch the movie. We ordered a large pizza with 4 sodas for 16.99. The pizza was really good too. A little on the cheesy side, but really good. The bell service came to the car when we pulled up to check in and loaded everything up for us. We also took the shuttle to Sea World and the driver had tons of great tips. We had such a great time here and the staff was really friendly. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank daisy79Texas
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Let me begin by saying, I have never posted a review until now, but I felt compelled to do so after our stay last week. This was one of the worst experiences we have ever had.

First, it is apparent that anyone can use the terms Hill Country, Resort and Spa because this hotel is none of those things.

To begin, we upgraded to the King Suite as we were traveling with small children. When we checked in, we were given a room on the first floor staring directly at the parking lot. After talking to the front desk, we were told all suites were booked and they all stared at the parking lot. After a second, more heated discussion, the manager admitted they did have another room on the third floor which we had to wait until 7 P.M. to be ready. Even then, the room had all of the cleanliness and ambiance of a Super 8 (no offence to Super 8 but we expected more for the money we were spending).

Once we checked in the safe was already locked. We called every single day for six days and they never came to open it. It became a daily amusement to call each morning and come back each day to see it was not done.

We also included the Breakfast in our room rate which was a big mistake. Every other day, we had to either get up and get our own drinks or chase down a waiter. They never wanted to help with service, but were happy to drop off the checks at every table presuming they wanted tips. I won't go into the food, but stick with the bagels and whatever fruit doesn't look too dry that day. And be careful of the butter (one packet was completely melted and another was torn open when we say down).

As for the room itself, there were a number of significant stains on the couch in the suite area and the toilet was not even secured to the floor. Both of our children actually fell off it the first day it rocked so badly. They did get that fixed the next day.

If you know anything about Hill Country, this hotel is NOT in the Hill Country. It is on a paved road with a view of a field behind it (assuming you didn't get our lovely parking lot view).

Also, when we travel with our children, we like to order movies for them at night as a treat. Beware, this hotel does not have On Demand movies in the rooms. When I went to see if we might have a DVD player under the TV to play a movie we brought, the handle came right off the cabinet, which gave us quite a bit of delight at this point.

The playground is just a slide on the side of the building and - of course - is next to the parking lot.

They do make attempts at being kid-friendly with outdoor movies (kind of nice) but the face painting was something I could have done (a star, a rainbow, etc.) and the activity room is a business conference room with coloring books and crayons laid out.

As for service on the patio, make yourself comfortable. Expect half-an-hour to get anything you order, even drinks. Our friends who were staying there as well, did get the proverbial "hair" in their salad, but the husband dreaded the wait to re-order that he swapped with his wife and ate it anyway.

Our last night we tried to order some wine for my wife and I, but the first time I called Room Service it said the extension was not working. I tried again and they put down the phone and never came back. On a third attempt, we discovered they were out of all Cabernet.

There are some other minor items (our room key quite working), unfriendly staff, etc. but overall it was one of the worst stays I have had in years. If you want Hill Country and a Resort spend the little bit of extra money and stay at the Hyatt Hill Country down the road. Otherwise, save your money and go to a lower rated hotel since it will be the same as what you get here.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family